Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome pics as usual. I was up at West Head (Kuringai) on the weekend, the waratahs are going crazy up there too. No herps (lots of snake tracks, a suspected bluey track, & a monitor track), apart from what I think was a Cunningham's but too quick to get a pic of. So I resorted to taking lots of wildflower pics, they are amazing at the moment, everything is flowering. Got close to some black cockatoos though, they were relaxed with us in their presence, more concerned about tucking into the casuarina pods.

Trady knee pads

http://www.sydneytools.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=3156&cat=Knee+Pads
Thanks again, everyone.

Sounds like the blood on the golden-crown is a very unusual sight. It would be interesting to know what caused this ... hopefully, they had not been hit by a car.

Ryan,
I prefer shots that are taken at about the same level as the reptiles. So, I lay flat and stretch out to shoot. I really need to find something to put on my knees and elbows since laying down like that can be uncomfortable if on rocks.

Regards,
David

Last edited:
Thanks, all, and thanks for the link, Josh.

Tonsky,
What sort of black cockatoos did you see? Were they Glossy Black or Yellow-tailed?

Regards,
David

Tonsky,
What sort of black cockatoos did you see? Were they Glossy Black or Yellow-tailed?

They were Yellow Tailed Blacks. Such a beautiful & graceful animal, especially in flight.
I'll put a post up tonight if I get a chance, with some of my pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back