A first for me...water dragons!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilerob

Reaction score
A mate and I went for a drive today, up into a section of the NSW snowy mountains. We got to a really rocky north facing outcrop near a small creek, and i said to my mate, slow down here and we might see a jacky dragon, or even a blotched blue tongue lizard.
Instead my mate spotted this awesome looking eastern water dragon. Ive never seen one in my life, so this might be a bit boring for many people, especially people that use scientific names and confuse the **** out of me, but for me this was quite exciting!!!
I found 2 water dragons, a few skinks, a heap of wild rainbow trout, and we photographed this fantastic waterfall near Tumbarumba, called paddys falls.

Attachments

• lootrip6.jpg
    lootrip6.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 137
  • lootrip7.jpg
    lootrip7.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 139
  • lootrip5.jpg
    lootrip5.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 118
  • lootrip4.jpg
    lootrip4.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 127
  • lootrip1.jpg
    lootrip1.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 130
Nice photos! The lizards are really great and all but your waterfall shot is really really nice! Do you have a SLR camera?

They are always nice to see. It looks like a good place for a walk.

Regards,
David

Im not much of a splitter, but they look like 'Gippsland' Water Dragons to me. The water fall looks awesome :)

I have no idea what species the skink is. Possibly L.?

I was thinking gippsland (Physignathus lesuerii howittii) as well, they do seam to have the colour of a eastern water (Physignathus Lesueurii Lesueurii) Love the photos as everyone else has said the waterfall photo is awesome!

Thanks for the comments everyone. Ive never seen an eastern or gippsland water dragon, i was just guessing eastern givin its location was a long way from gippsland. It was upstream of blowering dam in the NSW snowy mountains.
Andie, yeah i use a digital SLR. Its a bit outdated now, it a canon EOS 300D, but it still does the job.
Naledge, it was a slow shutter. It wasnt overly slow though, it was 1/3 of a second. There was a breeze blowing, so any longer and i would have got motion blur in the trees!!! Because of the large volume of water flowing over the falls, i didnt need a very slow shutter.

yeah im going to have to say gippsland water dragons to. btw great photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back