A new predator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
X the file snake shares his tank with freshwater crabs and Prawn Boy the cherubin. Prawn Boy seems a gentle soul carefully picking at detritus on the floor and even delicately removing bits of shed from X (file snakes shed in pieces).

DSC_0127_edited-1.jpg

Anyway I drop in a goldfish for X and he is immediately interested. Even boofs PB out of the way while he is hunting.

DSC_0111_edited-1.jpgDSC_0108_edited-1.jpg

Pretty soon there is a strike and X has the goldie!

DSC_0128_edited-1.jpg

Or does he?

DSC_0131_edited-1.jpgDSC_0134_edited-1.jpg

That's not X! Prawn Boy has the fish!

DSC_0137_edited-1.jpgDSC_0140_edited-1.jpg

But the fish has some strength left and breaks away now missing tail and dorsal fin. X investigates then gives PB a stern talking to. Then moves on to nail the goldfish behind some rocks where I cant get any pics.

DSC_0146_edited-1.jpgDSC_0150_edited-1.jpg

Prawn Boy has revealed his true nature!

DSC_0031_edited-1.jpg

ha ha cooly cool ,those long armed shrimp are sneaky i had 2 with 5 glass catfish they ate 3 of the catfish

great little story.

my file snakes never shed in pieces, more like an expended condom floating in the tank

great little story.

my file snakes never shed in pieces, more like an expended condom floating in the tank

X always sheds in bits (maybe the abrasive limestone chops it up?) Last thing to go is always the scales over his eyes. Doesn't seem to bother him though.

What a great post steve,PB is a legend !

Steve you may want to be sleeping with a knife under your pillow....just in case ;)

Hahaha, you should be writing children's story books. You know, the books with the 5mm thick cardboard pages ;) Reading this made me feel like a kid during story time.

Hahaha, you should be writing children's story books. You know, the books with the 5mm thick cardboard pages ;) Reading this made me feel like a kid during story time.

It is an exceptionally good story ,the old prawn boy could be a movie star ,animators and producers of things like nemo search for this type of inspiration for ideas and modeling, story etc.

Prawn boy does darwin

Prawn boy 2

Prawn boy in Los Angeles

prawn boy is a monster

Nah, he's a sweetie (unless you're a goldfish). They get huge, biggest I saw was from Lake Argyle- 800mm body and 1 meter claws. Our eaters we catch in pots are usually 150-250mm long but there are often huge ones that wont fit into the turtle excluding entry to the pot. We use velvet soap for bait. Cherubin cant resist it and nothing else touches it so you're not rebaiting the pots all the time.

DSC_0059_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

I do, I like telling stories. Kids or adults. Doesn't matter. As a bloke who grew up with film cameras (careful not to waste a shot) I find digital cameras really liberating. Take a hundred shots and get 10 good ones. Delete the rest. As a former Tour guide I like to keep the narrative simple (unless people want the details, that's a can do too.) But a picture tells a thousand words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back