A U.P.S maybe ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another wild night, another blackout.....didn't even hear the inverter switching relay work this time but it must have as the incubator and contents are fine......

Another wild night, another blackout.....didn't even hear the inverter switching relay work this time but it must have as the incubator and contents are fine......
U really need to move to a nice new suburb with underground lines lol Nev. i have had one blackout in 6 months( it did cost me 300 bucks to fix the plasma though)

Yes a great idea, and with the technology we have these days this is so simple to do. I can't beleive the 12 volt technology now I just did a week on Fraser Is and bought a new fridge freezer for the troopy, it keeps things at a nice cool -18 deg,(or any other temp you want) and will run all day and night even allowing the kids to watch a dvd or charge ipods etc.
Amazing just amazing. Still cook in a cast camp oven though!

U really need to move to a nice new suburb with underground lines lol Nev. i have had one blackout in 6 months( it did cost me 300 bucks to fix the plasma though)

Ah Jason, all underground lines around here. I Figure that the problem lies with Powerlink and the H.T. lines. Might have to try and find someone who works for Powerlink and have a complain!!!!!

The plasma t.v......now don't tell me that as a sparkie you didn't have a surge protector fitted??????? I don't, but then again my t.v. is almost 17 years old...

Another nigh and another loud clunk in the early hours of the morning, 3am. The clunk was my UPS relay switching over, another power failure.
Didn't mind this morning as when I went for a walk around the place I found my RPM girl laying her eggs.
Sat up with her and waited for her to finish.

Power was restored around 8am, that the third blackout exceeding 3 hours this season and I can't even blame storms. Gotta love Energex, Ergon, Powerlink, oops sorry Jason, or maybe it's just our you beaut state government spending money on everything other than infrastructure.

would not have been Powerlink Nev as we take out whole cities not suburbs :lol:.
I think it because everyone is whingeing at Anna about their bills so she has figured turn it off for 2 or 3hrs a day and it cuts the bills down..:lol:

Thanks for bringing this to every ones attention Baden, I wouldn't have considered it till it was already a problem.
Nev, Good thing you were well prepared, looks like your set-up has alredy earned its keep!
Im in Bris too but have only had one power outage in the last 2 years, guess thats the luck of the draw but I havent been incubating and if I was I guess old Murphy would throw me a few power outages then.
Lets keep all those eggs alive and well so we can one day enjoy the hatchies! Good luck to all who are incubating!

would not have been Powerlink Nev as we take out whole cities not suburbs :lol:.
I think it because everyone is whingeing at Anna about their bills so she has figured turn it off for 2 or 3hrs a day and it cuts the bills down..:lol:

OK, so you reckon it's a de-facto load sharing, one way to reduce power bills. Now that could be interesting when the hot weather finally arrives.
The people next door tell me that they heard a loud bang from the nearby sub station.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back