AAE Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonLegs

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm organising transport for Panoptes monitor for a friend through AAE Brisbane, and I'm amazed at how bad they are. Website is confusing and doesn't give anywhere near enough help.
So,I called them up-all I wanted was the opening times for the domestic terminal, which aren't on the website, and a clarification of packaging- the number listed through the link they sent is international, of course, rather than domestic.

The first SEVEN times I called, the phone just wasn't picked up..on the eighth try, some bored dingus picked it up, had no idea what the packaging requirements are or what times the place he was currently were open, put me on hold for 20 minutes (costing me the whole time), then hung me up. So I called back straight away, and nobody's home again.

Is this the usual with these guys? Is there an alternative? I'm amazed they're still gioing with such a horrible operation...I'd happily pay more to anothe company if it meant not having to deal with these a-holes again.

They are open 5.30 am---8.30pm seven days a week and to be sure double box (one box inside another), their coms. are terrible but otherwise they are ok.
..........solar 17(baden)

I had to pick up from them and they were ok. Was a bit hard to find even with a map due to all the work and changes going on around them.

I deal with them afair bit, I have never been happy with there servise, quite unhelpful unless you are paying money to send items, last time I was there I had to wait 8 1/2 hours after the landing time of package.. They dident send it on the right flight and kept encouraging me "it'll be here soon" I allmost lost it at them.. I can't remember one good experience with them unfortunately.

Thanks for that Baden- should have called you instead!

We've never really had any problems sending except once when the snake was ment to go to Cairns but they couldn't find it, it was still on the plane! But anyways we normally take the animal into them in the box were going to send it and they measure it up and weigh it then give us a price on it. After that we choose a time were going to send the animal to buyer and check its ok then take it to the airport 45mins- halh an hour before its due to go on its flight to the set destination.

Not sure how easy this would be for you as you say you live in Brisbane, i live in Mount Isa so everything is pretty close together and its quite easy to get from one place to another.

Also they like the animal to be in a a pillow case or some sort of case/ bag it can breathe in. Not sure of the rules there but here we are not allowed to send in foam boxes (but when i buy from SA most come in foam boxes, weird..) so i normally package them up in a plastic box and put air holes for the animal to breathe with a soldering iron.

So maybe your best bet is to actually go in to their store and get times, etc if they're just going to hang up on you.. I'd be making complaints to their HOD if it was me.

It ALWAYS takes them alot of calls to pick up the phone- my wife called 46 times in a row before they picked up. They are generally disinterested in providing any info; even when picking up herps- their blaze' attitude can be frustrating when making enquiries- only last week I was told at 6.30 pm for a 6pm pickup that due to rain the baggage handlers arent allowed on the tarmac; and that the cart with all of our animals was probably just "sitting out in the rain on the tarmac, waiting to be driven over..." I asked her if she understood there were animals out there; and she reminded me that everyone's in the same boat; and that she would be working til 10 pm and still hadn't eaten dinner yet !!!!! I told her in an hour there would be a wet cart out on the tarmac full of freshly killed meat to choose her meal from ;)

She couldn't have cared less. It's a shame they are the only animal carrier; it means they aren't too concerned with customer service.

AAE is in a bigger mess than usual since they have been bought out.Now its AAE,Qantas,Aus Post and Startrack express all in the same pile.I know atleast for Brissy its kaos at the airport.

AAE is in a bigger mess than usual since they have been bought out.Now its AAE,Qantas,Aus Post and Startrack express all in the same pile.I know atleast for Brissy its kaos at the airport.

They have always been owned by Qantas/Aus Post which is who owns Star Track express, because of that they have merged their airfreight divisions into the same buildings. They are also merging things like sales and admin which is causing a lot of worry amongst their workers, (prob why they are not interested in service). This will be Aus wide eventually and I believe the AAE name will be dropped.
Sorry to say it will prob get worse before it gets better, the only thing I could suggest is keep going higher with your issues untill you find somebody that will listen.

Good luck

I am going to be a broken record but I am going to recommend a courier company called 'Dog Movers'. They are a road, animal transport service between Brisbane and Sydney, and I think they have services going to ACT and Melbourne, too. But you can confirm that with them. It cost me $65 to have a darwin python brought down Mid-Coast NSW from Gold Coast or Brisbane, and they are fantastic to deal with. My python was well secured, and they met me 5mins from my house, on the highway. They kept in touch to let me know they were running on time, and when to expect them to arrive. So check them out. I'll drum business for them. They are as good as Hobbo was.

If there are any sponsors reading this thread like snake ranch, SXR or Python1 who do they use and what have their experiences been like would be great to know?

oh ok as thinking of getting olive from SXR and water python from python1 when buying from interstate companies like this do you need an import permit for this sale and how do you organise it?

I am going to be a broken record but I am going to recommend a courier company called 'Dog Movers'. They are a road, animal transport service between Brisbane and Sydney, and I think they have services going to ACT and Melbourne, too. But you can confirm that with them. It cost me $65 to have a darwin python brought down Mid-Coast NSW from Gold Coast or Brisbane, and they are fantastic to deal with. My python was well secured, and they met me 5mins from my house, on the highway. They kept in touch to let me know they were running on time, and when to expect them to arrive. So check them out. I'll drum business for them. They are as good as Hobbo was.

Have you got a contact? PM me if you like

Dont worry google helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back