Aae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'd get a bit suss when you try to send a large snake and label the larger box as containing a mouse, lol.

Naughty

Can't we just send reptiles with Virgin but say there's mice in the box or something? It's not like they're going to open the box to check right?

You could try. Animals do not normally get x-rayed, You would have to find out what animals Virgin allow at present. Then conceal animals appropriately.:shock: Maybe send some live mice and under a false floor conceal your snakey. Poor snake would'nt know what hit it with the smell of the mice so close:lol:

Not all animal transport cages are able to be seen into. Airholes important but that's about it. IMO would be easy to do. The only hassle would be if you got caught after having told them you had a different animal.

Had some reptiles that were meant to arrive at my local airport but ended up in townsville the had to go back to brisbane then back here cause some idiot at AAE sent them to the wrong place. Other than that never had a problem other than them being rude buggers.
Would be great to have another option.

I do know that Virgin does allow marine aquaria life, so you could say that you were shipping a snow flake moray eel, thats about the size of a yearling carpet, or an adult stimson

Fish

Thanks mate. Forgot about Fish. They do ship a large amount of MArine fish around the place in foam boxes. A few airholes and tell them it's live fish or live sea food and maybe you would have something.

The important thing to remember is that with Virgin Blue and the 737 jets they run, all live animals are contained in the front holds. Oxygen is switched on by the pilot and special paperwork filed for this to be done.

I don't reccomend trying to get a reptile through as it is against the law to falsify documents, which is technically what you would be doing.;)

Think I might go get my pilots license now and start an animal transport business....

when I was at the AAE depot, there was this older fella there that was enquiring about shipping a colletes snake to brisbane. The people behind the counter had no idea what to tell this fella on how to package the snake for freight. This one lady got this book out with the guidlines, and she proceeded to tell the guy "you put it in a pillow case/or bank money bag, you then put it in a ventilated plastic container with lid, which then you wrap the plastic container in wire mesh." I rudely interupted that conversation and asked what the wire mesh was for, and she said "so the snake cannot escape while the inspect to varify the type of animal being delivered". I replied back to her, "well you are going to have to undo the wire mesh to get into the plastic container to get into the pillow bag to inspect that it is a Colletes snake or any other snake for that matter, what good is the escape barrier wire mesh going to do now that it is undone", She just shrugged her shoulders.

Think I might go get my pilots license now and start an animal transport business....

You know... if a few people got together, it actually might be commercially viable to run chartered flights exclusively for reptile transport, at least between major cities. You'd only need a little Cessna or something to carry the weights and volumes you'd be looking at, even with a large number of animals. With the prices AAE charges, it's almost crazy enough to work.

Im supossed to be freighting a snake out of brisbane soon, what can i do to make sure things go smoothly?
What have been the problems been with brisbane AAE?
I will obviously get the names of all ppl i deal with myself, will that be enough? and what else is there i could do?

I have only received animals from them so far and i havnt had any issues with the Brisbane staff, except for the odd idiot at their call centre who doesnt know whats happening(but you get that everywhere).

I had to deal with AAE Brisbane last Wednesday, Two separate shipments of reptiles from Melbourne.
The first was due in at 10.30am takes about 20mins to unload and sort.
I arrived at 11.00am and asked for the reptiles. Yes they are on the register but we can't find them was the reply. :shock: two searches leater they were recovered from the Plane left on by the baggage handlers who thought they were going further,luckly the plane was'nt due to leave straight away. Anyway with apologies from the shift supervisor and the excuse that it was Quantas Baggage handlers fault I was on my way at 1.30pm.
Back Again at 3.30pm this time no problems in and out in 5 mins.:D

Piece of advice from a regular he told me never to ship on Friday because if something (Murphy) go'es wrong it may take all weekend to solve it .
Cheers
Paul
</IMG>

i live on sunny coast as well its a 200km round trip to the airport i have been there 5 times this week to pick up reptiles i hate the drive but it the only way i have only every had good experiences with aae but you never know whos gonna stuff it up for you

I have found if you write on the parcel the persons name and the name of airport where it is to be collected, things will be fine. If you put the persons home address, sometimes the reptile is taken from the airport to be taken to the closest depot or the persons home. They take a bit of tracking then. Allways put the receivers phone number on there............mobile and home if both are available

Doesn't matter how you pack the animal they will find fault with it
It seems they want you to hire a "sturdy" plastic cat/dog box from Dogtainers for around
$40.00 and stick ya animals in that, then charge you freight on top of it

I've had stuff left on planes, not put on planes, put on trucks, not put in pressurised hold (dead), overcharged, undercharged and generally been lied to.
But in the end, there's no one else to use.
I always tell people to ring their local Aae and make sure it's ready to pick up before they drive out to the airport.

I hear there was another snake theft in St Mary, I wonder if it was an AAE employee trying to find any snake they could to try and please another disappointed customer because they lost the original snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back