Aae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulla_iia

Reaction score
Wednesday, a day of complete running around and getting things all together for the new arrivals. I had a late one on Tuesday night. putting the finishing touches on the enclosure, putting in the vents, and small trivial details like that.....I am desperate need of glass for this enclosure. So I measure up what I need, and leave the measurements by the phone and head off to bed. I wake up early enough to see my partner off to work for the day as it is my day off but a full day it will be. I call the glazier, and put my order in for the glass and kindly request if it could be ready by the latest 2:30, she sounded a bit hesitant on the phone, but agreed to that time frame. I do my regulars (the 3 S's), have some breaky and out the door, to the post office, pick up the male from PO box, yippee parcel has shown up from the Herp Shop, I go and collect. I then proceed to Bunning, and the items I am after are all in stock. it is getting closer to lunch time now. so I pull in for a little fine dining experience at the local Hungry Jacks. I ring the glazier and inquire abou if the glass is going to be ready on time, she informs me that it is done. I go and pick it up and head back home to test the size, PERFECT FIT, awesome edge rounding and corner rounding, top glazier he is.

Ok now time to start making my way to the airport, I have to be there by 4pm ( I live an hour and a bit away) I have two pythons to pick up, one from Adelaide (arrives 4:00pm) and one from ACT (arrives 4:30pm). on the way I SMS my partner at work and say something is very wrong, this day has gone toooo smooth, everything is just falling in place, and that I have a bad feeling that something is going to be wrong when I get to the airport. I am 5 minutes behind schedule. I get to the AAE depot and my Adelaide arrival is already sitting there waiting for me, Something is just not right, I am never this lucky, everything is just falling in place and going so smoothly, I am actually having a really good day. I mention to the AAE bloke behind the counter that I have another live reptile freight coming in from ACT and he looks it up on the computer, and say "YEP you sure do, plane has landed 3 minutes ago, and should be about 20 minutes before cargo is brought into the AAE shed"............and hour and a half and all hell has now broke loose, they have lost my snake, they are blaming everyone else about this lost snake except for themselves. I am firing orders at them left right and center, telling them that they will personally deliver this live snake to my address even if they find it at 1am. That the well being of this snake lies in their hands, and not in the hands of all those that they are blaming for a lost snake. This is the whol pass the buck syndrome. so at around 8:30pm at the AAE depot, this bloke in a safety jacket (non AAE) comes hobbling in, with a box in his hands, labeled Live Animal, with the Reptile circled on the label. He calls out "he guys you missing something??"....my snake was left all by itself out on the tarmac in front of the AAE depot shed. no other boxes or packages were with it, it was just dumped on the ground and left there.

I got my snakes, I got home and my partner was very cautious of what she spoke to me about, I siad never again, we need to find out about Virgin Blue and their animal freight policies, regardless of the cost, if someone can do better than AAE it is worth the extra money

aae is the only one that freights reptiles mate

last night I was holding a box poly box from an aquarium place that I was about to cut the top up for a roach breeding box (beardie foods), there was the live animal sticker right there under my nose, with the fish, reptile, cat, dog icons to be circled and directly at the bottom of that label was VirginBlue. I quickly pointed that out to my partner and we looked it up on the web, now I havent called them personally yet, but they transport wildlife interstate

I had a python delivered via Fastways Courriers and they couldnt come more highly recommended. Door to door service and at the time specified. AAE is usually pretty good but of late there have been a few incidents that leave you wondering.

they did up until about a year or so ago but they got sick of all us un happy herp people lol

NEVER ever had a problem withh AAe. I have used them close to 50 times now.

al it takes is that 51st time Adam and then they leave your snake by the shed door on the tarmac

This is from Raptors thread
After a transaction with a member from Brisbane was made a nightmare both for her personally, & financially for us (I should add that the member in question has never freighted before, & is probably unlikely to again) by one officious idiot at the AAE Brisbane office, I decided to set a rocket under them. Apart from setting out to recoup the totally unneccessary additional charges incurred by this fool's actions, I thought it was high time that someone up the top of the food chain was made aware of the disgusting way we herpers have been treated by the company over the years. A guy that we have dealt with for a fair amount of time has now been promoted to national accounts manager, so guess who we got on the phone to? Here's an excerpt from my follow-up email to him:

I can only assume that some of the rank & file think that "who cares, it's only one or two nutcases who would keep snakes anyway", but I can assure you that there would be in excess of 30,000 serious herp keepers nationally, & even if the average freight cost is only $60-$70, when each herper freights quite a few times a year, with we breeders averaging 15-20 eggs each clutch (usually from multiple animals each season) you can see that the freight fees alone derived from this hobby is a multi-million dollar industry, making it financially viable for another freight company to start looking for a slice.

Further to the Brisbane incident, the sender informs me that the employee in question's name is XXXXXXXX. As you will read in the attached email regarding this incident, she hopes that "he will be made to pay" for his attitude & treatment of her. It is my hope also, so that those involved in our hobby can see that we are not considered by AAE to be second-class citizens, or somehow mentally defective for keeping or breeding reptiles, which unfortunately IS how a large number of us percieve the company's attitude towards them.

Apparently, and I do believe him, Brisbane in particular & attitudes in general are being seriously looked at. A high-powered rocket up the backside was strongly hinted at. Hopefully the appalling attitudes will change in the very near future.

hey bulla, sorry for going off topic, just wondering where in melbourne u r and where u got the glass for enclosure from?

ur not receiving pms so had to ask here

also, ive only used aae once and didnt have a problem, will see when i go and pick up snakes in april, see how we go

Glass

I have to local guys that do my glass work for me, one of them has some relations working there, so if they have off cuts all I pay for is the edging. But the main place I use for glass work because they get the job done pretty much straight away (couple hours) is Budget Glass in Cranbourne. I live in Langwarrin (outer south eastern Melbourne)

VB

Wednesday, a day of complete running around and getting things all together for the new arrivals. I had a late one on Tuesday night. putting the finishing touches on the enclosure, putting in the vents, and small trivial details like that.....I am desperate need of glass for this enclosure. So I measure up what I need, and leave the measurements by the phone and head off to bed. I wake up early enough to see my partner off to work for the day as it is my day off but a full day it will be. I call the glazier, and put my order in for the glass and kindly request if it could be ready by the latest 2:30, she sounded a bit hesitant on the phone, but agreed to that time frame. I do my regulars (the 3 S's), have some breaky and out the door, to the post office, pick up the male from PO box, yippee parcel has shown up from the Herp Shop, I go and collect. I then proceed to Bunning, and the items I am after are all in stock. it is getting closer to lunch time now. so I pull in for a little fine dining experience at the local Hungry Jacks. I ring the glazier and inquire abou if the glass is going to be ready on time, she informs me that it is done. I go and pick it up and head back home to test the size, PERFECT FIT, awesome edge rounding and corner rounding, top glazier he is.

Ok now time to start making my way to the airport, I have to be there by 4pm ( I live an hour and a bit away) I have two pythons to pick up, one from Adelaide (arrives 4:00pm) and one from ACT (arrives 4:30pm). on the way I SMS my partner at work and say something is very wrong, this day has gone toooo smooth, everything is just falling in place, and that I have a bad feeling that something is going to be wrong when I get to the airport. I am 5 minutes behind schedule. I get to the AAE depot and my Adelaide arrival is already sitting there waiting for me, Something is just not right, I am never this lucky, everything is just falling in place and going so smoothly, I am actually having a really good day. I mention to the AAE bloke behind the counter that I have another live reptile freight coming in from ACT and he looks it up on the computer, and say "YEP you sure do, plane has landed 3 minutes ago, and should be about 20 minutes before cargo is brought into the AAE shed"............and hour and a half and all hell has now broke loose, they have lost my snake, they are blaming everyone else about this lost snake except for themselves. I am firing orders at them left right and center, telling them that they will personally deliver this live snake to my address even if they find it at 1am. That the well being of this snake lies in their hands, and not in the hands of all those that they are blaming for a lost snake. This is the whol pass the buck syndrome. so at around 8:30pm at the AAE depot, this bloke in a safety jacket (non AAE) comes hobbling in, with a box in his hands, labeled Live Animal, with the Reptile circled on the label. He calls out "he guys you missing something??"....my snake was left all by itself out on the tarmac in front of the AAE depot shed. no other boxes or packages were with it, it was just dumped on the ground and left there.

I got my snakes, I got home and my partner was very cautious of what she spoke to me about, I siad never again, we need to find out about Virgin Blue and their animal freight policies, regardless of the cost, if someone can do better than AAE it is worth the extra money

Hi mate,

Forget Virgin BLue. I used to work for them up until November last year. They no longer freight reptiles due to a goanna getting out (lol). I tried to change things when I was there but the people in power are snakeaphoebic (is that a word?).

AAE is it. They just need a good kick in the cakehole sometimes.

Can't we just send reptiles with Virgin but say there's mice in the box or something? It's not like they're going to open the box to check right?

If u get caught then just say the snake must have snuck in and eaten the mice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back