Abundant food, can you suggest a suitable lizard to purchase?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthy

Reaction score
My kids have spiny leaf insects and they are now laying over 20 eggs a day, I am expecting them to start hatching in about 2 months. seeing as there are hundreds already, I am thinking of purchasing a lizard for the kids so we can feed the young to it. Any Suggestions?

My kids have spiny leaf insects and they are now laying over 20 eggs a day, I am expecting them to start hatching in about 2 months. seeing as there are hundreds already, I am thinking of purchasing a lizard for the kids so we can feed the young to it. Any Suggestions?
sell them

Haven't really heard of using these as a food source before. What are they like? Do you need to feed a lot to fill tummies?? How small are they when they hatch?

alot of them will die young, sell the others. should be able to sell them quite easily

alot of them will die young, sell the others. should be able to sell them quite easily

Sell them where? and what are they worth, it may be a good pocket money earner for the little ones. My daughter is in kindergarten and could learn a bit from this, thanks for the advice.

Yep, sell them to (or via) a pet shop. Or on here. Stick insects are cool.

pet shops, australian invertebrate forum and the sale section on here, or any other classified sites or people that you know. if you are planning to do this sell the males for about $3 and the females for $5. which is a good price, if this doesnt work for you make them cheaper! once they have hatched though wait til they have shed once or twice before you sell them. you can also send them express post to interstate buyers if you like, its legal and easy to do. simply send the critters off in a poster tube or in a chinese container thats packed in a box. (just use newspaper between the inside of the box and the chinese container) make sure you give them a couple of leaves when you send them and they should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back