Ackie Shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hey Guys :D

LC is shedding at the moment. I gave her a bath today while I was cleaning his enclosure. She was funny, running around through the water. How often do you bath or mist them at shed time? I bath him once a week anyway, so that should be enough?

I wish I had my camera on her the other night. She did a death roll on a cricket. It was already dead, I pre-kill them but she still insisted it needed killing. Shook her head like mad :lol:

Here is her home, finally sorted and a new one of LC.. She loves her plant, she is always in amongst this plant a $7 job from Mega Save.

024.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

Monitors shed pretty differently to other reptiles, they shed in bits and slowly. When they are growing they can often be in a constant shed cycle where they begin shedding in their head then shed all the way to their tail. By the time they get to the tail they may have already started shedding at the head again.

Ah ok, thanks for that Oli :D So the weekly tubs is good enough assistance and about all the need.

Thanks for the comments :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back