ackies getting it on

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

palmej

Reaction score
I have two ridge tails and lately they have been starting to "mate" but the thing is they are way way to young to actually be sexed and/or have babies.
So could this be a dominance thing or could it just be they are a boy and a girl trying to do it a little to early?
any help much appreciated.

hey mate, yeah mine are about 9-10 weeks old, they do kinda look like they do it two, the play fight stariaght after it bitting each other, how old are they?

its a dominant thing :)
if the one on top tries to pull the others tail up then they are trying to do it, but if the top one is just rubbing around its a dominace thing. they may also bite the back of the neck so watch out for one or the other getting hurt.

This is typical ackie behaviour and is more about dominance than anything. Boy on boy, girl on girl and any other combination....
They start doing it from a very early age.

ill check that tail thing out then next time i see them do it.
I havnt seen them actually physically hurt each other yet so heres hoping they dont

mine do it quite often. just showing whose boss my female dominates. ( now sold )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back