adding beardies together help me please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Specks

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
will a breeding pair of beardies go together with another female and will the male breed with the new one or will he fight the new one

just keep a eye on them for a few days and they should be fine

beardies are solitary, and having the male with the females is a bad idea in t first place. they only need one breeding for multiple clutches, he will over breed her, she will stress, lower immune, lower intake, lower health, lower apetite, risk injury, wounds and death, it isnt within their instincts to share space, they are solitary.

house them all separately, allow supervised breedings.

take a look at my sig :) just a few.

they each have there own enclosure, and for good reason. they thrive when kept alone, and properly. they are beautiful creatures, so why not give them a stress free, happy environment.

beardies are solitary, and having the male with the females is a bad idea in t first place. they only need one breeding for multiple clutches, he will over breed her, she will stress, lower immune, lower intake, lower health, lower apetite, risk injury, wounds and death, it isnt within their instincts to share space, they are solitary.

house them all separately, allow supervised breedings.

well mate i have had advice from several other people and say its alright and some have done it. i will see how it goes and if not i have a spare tank. i appreciate the advice.

well mate i have had advice from several other people and say its alright and some have done it. i will see how it goes and if not i have a spare tank. i appreciate the advice.

if you pay attention to their interactions, none of it is positive, or comforting, its all defense, protection and territorial. its scientifically proven that reptiles housed together stress, and we all know this effects ones health.

pay attention, and look after your animals. IMO you shouldn't wait for something to go wrong to separate, you should be looking after them the best you can from the word start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back