advice needed on Childreni eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

improvius

Not so new Member
Reaction score
We're trying to hatch our first clutch of Childreni. The eggs are a week old now, and we're a bit concerned. What is up with these? They are denting in, some more than others. If you candle them you can see the veins so they seem to be viable... The temperature is between 30-32 degrees Celcius. The humidity is just above 80 percent. Is that not enough?"

The eggs in question:
EggsDenting.jpg

Any advice appreciated.
-Imp

Should they be a little deeper in the hatching medium?

jungle maid i do mine on top of the vermiculite they do dent some times but mine normally stay fuller for about three weeks i ve had the top eggs get dents earlier id just keep a good eye on them if they keep denting more must be to dry id slowly add more water but as i said i do mine different

sorry imp got you confused with jungle maid are those eggs suspended over water?

I have never had python eggs before, but had an issue with my beardie eggs last year. They had started to dint in like that. I immediately upped the humidity (I was already on 80%) to about 95%. Within a few days, they puffed back up and I had all 18 hatch.
Good luck - I know how scary that can be!!

Improvius, try and raise your humidity to between 95 and 100%. You are a bit dry at 80% for childreni eggs. Also, sorry to say you have lost at least one egg( the one at the bottom left with the grey and green markings) There is no hope for this egg.

I find that quite often in the first few days my childreni eggs will dint in a little but after a week or so they will go back to being nice and smooth, The ones that have done this have always hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back