after some info pls!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nervous

Reaction score
hi all

my female coastal laid her eggs last thursday night theres about 24 of them .

i am letting her incubate herself and i was just wondering if the humidity needs to be the same as artificial?

and anything else that experienced keeps think would be good to no pls dont hesitate to tell me as this is my 1st time breeding

thanks all

p.s i will post some pics soon

cheers
ben.......

Firstly, i think there's an article on maternal incubation in the "hints and tips" forum of this site.

No, the humidity does not need to be the same. You shouldn't have to play around with the humidity or cage temps at all. Keep your temps as they are and have been, and your water bowl will create sufficient humidity.

I think its wise for you to move her box down to the cool end so she(and her eggs) dont overheat. She did lay inside a box, right?

I suggest your read the article. :wink:

africancichlidau said:
Wot 'e said plus a question of my own. Why are you letting her maternally incubate?
Wot 'e said plus a question of my own. Why not?

It would be nice if you will inform us how you doing during this time. Not many of us have this experiance.

Serpent what temperature is classified as overheating?

I left one of my carpets with her eggs this season, but after about a month her condition was really bad so i took them out and put them in an incubator (she was really p@#$ed off about it) all the eggs are still nice and white but ive got a bad feeling about them.

She started eating two days after i took the eggs out (she hadn't eaten in about six months) and her condition is almost back to normal.

Just keep a close eye on her.

Cheers

thanks guys n girls she,s doing good and all she looks healthy the eggs look in good shape i will post a pic soon computer running really slow at the moment so i'll post in the next couple of days as i only get to go on the net once a week normally a tuesdays

anyway
thanks again
cheers
ben....

Slateman said:
Serpent what temperature is classified as overheating?

Anything over 35 degrees is risky. Of course i'm assuming nervous is using a thermostat, but if it fails and she's up the warm with her eggs she'll most likely abandon them if the temp goes over 35 degrees. She will return to them when the temps drop, but by then the eggs may be on the decline. It's always better that the eggs are laid somewhere cool and have the female shivering to keep them warm. When i used to leave my diamonds on their eggs, they would always lay them in the coolest areas of the avairy. When they would leave them each morning to bask, they would be travelling a distance of about 3-4 metres to reach warm areas.

Thanks Serp. You answered my question. With my setups in extreme heat the egs can get 33 max temperature for few hours if I am not watching and don't put ice in incubator. Happened today again for about 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back