Agressive Male bites Female

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seem's like ur the one that has ur nicker's in a note david , why ask 4 help if u dont like the answers separting would be best option
this evening i went to feed my 2 stimsonis, and i went to take the female out to feed in her feeding enclosure, when the male snake latched onto her and attempted to constrict her...

im not entirely sure why, he hasnt been an agressive snake ever... although he may have just smelt the rats and bitten the closest thing, it had been about a week and a half since he last ate, due to my terrible memory, but i didnt think he should be too hungry, as he has gone most of winter without eating before...

They are currently seperated and eating, i was wondering if i should worry at all, or if i should wait a while before putting them back together (they live together all year round, theyre more pets than a breeding pair, iv tried twice and failed....)

i dont think any harm was done to the female, she may have lost a scale or two, although, i may have damaged a tooth on the male, removing him, which didnt prove easy, i did try to be careful though... he didnt seem all too fussed about taking the rat once he was off her though, so i dont think i did

any advice? should i worry at all

oh, and btw, he is quite a lot larger than she, i think he is about 98cm, she is like 72cm, and a lot thinner, im not sure why, she just never grew much, the female is 7 yrs old, and male is 8 yrs old. i think thats all the relevant info....?

any help apreciated

thanks

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back