ahhhh!!! geckos are cloneing them selves in my backyard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoman1985

Reaction score
hound this little Guy in my yard so pleased that its native as all i have seen latley is AHG!

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DSCN1006.jpg
    DSCN1006.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN1007.jpg
    DSCN1007.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 143
It's not a parthenogenetic one - it's one of the sexual species (it breeds, it doesn't clone). Cute gecko though :)

the differnce\

There's only one species anywhere near Gladstone and it's one of the sexuals. The next nearest species is another sexual. It's not always easy to tell from appearance, but you can with that one. They do often overlap, but not around Gladstone.

gecko poo

not knowing anything about little geckos ,other then i think they are very sweet looking ....with the asian house gecko,is it fact or fiction.when it comes to its droppings? .............I have been told supposedly that its crap is poisonous????? :rolleyes:.so would like to get the truth on this matter as like most in the warmer months my house is litterd with them and YES they crap on my walls and pictures..........thanks

not knowing anything about little geckos ,other then i think they are very sweet looking ....with the asian house gecko,is it fact or fiction.when it comes to its droppings? .............I have been told supposedly that its crap is poisonous????? :rolleyes:.so would like to get the truth on this matter as like most in the warmer months my house is litterd with them and YES they crap on my walls and pictures..........thanks

It isn't too harmful, but don't eat too much of it. It's more of a seasoning than a main course.

why thanks turnip man,,,,,seasoning is the way to go might make you a batch of adder venom soup with a bit of asian house gecko crap on toast.just for seasoning.............:)

why thanks turnip man,,,,,seasoning is the way to go might make you a batch of adder venom soup with a bit of asian house gecko crap on toast.just for seasoning.............:)

For most people the Death Adder soup would probably be better as long as they ate it and didn't shoot it up, but given my sensitivities I'd prefer the Asian Vermin Gecko crap toast.

If some did get into your food it wouldn't hurt you, and apart from being gross it's not going to do you any harm if you touch it. The only possible issue is picking up parasites or pathogens, but it's no more dangerous than the droppings of any other wild reptile, and the ones around the house are slightly less likely to be carrying funky nasties than ones outside the suburbs, unless they're catching cooties from your own reptiles.

why turnip man I was thinking of your allergies just moments after posting and thought that the ahg would be a better option for your diet so when i accumulate enough seasoning i will send it down to you :)................and now getting back to why i asked, my son, said he had seen it on tv about those little geckos ,and as i said, not knowing about them at all ...instead of making out like i do know it all, to save face ,like a lot do on here, i thought i would ask a question but as it is ,with all silly questions, it came back with a funny reply ..........thanku turnip man lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back