AHS Smiths Lake Field Trip - 09.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
The Australian Herpetological Society held a field trip at Smiths Lake ( near Forster) last weekend, 20 - 22nd Feb, in all 23 members attended, and I think all had a good time. We were very lucky with the weather as it had been poring rain and cold the week before. A number of different species were encounted during the weekend, here a few of the pics that I took.
x-6.jpg

Red Backed Toadlets were calling from the roadside ditches
xx-5.jpg

as were the odd Tusked Frog.
xxxx-2.jpg

xxxxx-1.jpg

A male Red Eyed Tree Frog wasn't going to let a group of herpers from keeping him from calling out his area
xxz.jpg

some old grubby mud frog... not much really is it mattmc
xxxz.jpg

Broad Palmed Frog

xz-1.jpg

xzz-1.jpg

A few Angle heads were kicking around..
xzzy.jpg

A Carpet snake..., quite a few turned up, even around the accommodation.
xzzz.jpg

xzzzz.jpg

My son Ethan found a Scaley Foot
xxx-3.jpg

and a couple of Dwarf Crown snakes were also found..
Plenty of other herps were turned up, Small eyes, Stephens Bandeds, various other frogs and common snakes and lizards...A pair of Lace Monitors roamed the area where we all stayed, looking for tit bits off the BBQ.. it was a good way to spend a weekend..

great pics jason! to bad i couldn't make it....missed out big time :(

Looks like an awesome trip mate.

Absolutely spewing I had to back out last minute...

lovely diamond!

Just your average bush variety, old looking, full of other little critters living off it, and even had some substantial wounds from something that didn't want to be eated. We found a much nicer one on the road, dead, but still twitching.

yeh i too had to pull out damn flu!!! grrr....nice jase, the scaley is nice indeed...and no jase not much of a frog ;)

Im going up with FATS this weekend, the real men will be on this trip, the real deal! im sure well turn up what you got and more!!! *dreams* ;)

yeh i too had to pull out damn flu!!! grrr....nice jase, the scaley is nice indeed...and no jase not much of a frog ;)

Im going up this weekend, the real men with FATS will be on this trip, the real deal! im sure well turn up what you got and more!!! *dreams* ;)

well, please don't post any pics...most of us arn't into that sort of thing.

Lucky guys! Well done on spotting those gorgeous reptiles. Great pictures too : )
I'm spewing i couldnt make it :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back