Air Dry Clay

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tildy

Has anyone ever used air dry clay in thier creations for thier enclosures? Cause I have some lying around in my house and it's gotta be non-toxic since it's clay and occurs naturally in most snake environments. My snake is only a lil bubby but I'm planning her adult enclosure now so that I have lots of time to make it look awesome and building my own stuff is gonna be waay cheaper and better than buying stuff. Im thinking the clay will be good for holding heat to make basking spots, can be easily shaped and would look pretty awesome! But will it work? Opinions anyone?

have a search i reckon someone on here has used it but cant remember were i read it

i made a few simple caves with it, the negatives are they break really easily, maybe use something like mesh in the middle if youre making soemthign biggish?

cant really be washed, but can be spot cleaned. only really a prob if its diarreahed all over. :p

could probably be painted and varnished tho,..i didnt try that.

at 5 bucks or whatever forl teh 8 or so caves i made its great stuff, 3 of my caves are still in use 4 years on,...

Looks great in high humidity enclosures where it dosent matte if they retain a lot of moisture.
I mixed some with coco peat and water till I got a really nice consistency that could be moulded.

Sweet! Cause I have some sitting around since I'm an artsy type person and I have wire as well to mould around. I may as well put it to use while being creative rather than making more ornaments to sit around in boxes (since all my room space is taken up with pet enclosures). I'll muck about with it and give it a try. Hmm, had a thought. Maybe mixing some liquid glue (as in not silicone or from a glue gun) through it while moulding might make it stronger, have to be something thats not toxic to snakes if it gets wet though. Well, it's cheap, I can afford to muck about with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back