Alaskan Malamutes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
funny thing thou i brought Mischa from A REG BREEDER and fang has his papers better listen to dobermanmick and GROW UP.......

ANYWAY WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SITE
Just to cause S*$% YOU HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER THIS SITE
DONT it Say on front page
"Our site is for owners and lovers of Australian snakes and our forums are full of herp keepers and enthusiasts."
This community is a privately run site and strictly moderated, and any anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Please ensure you have read the Site Rules, they ARE enforced!
SO WHY ARE YOU HERE ????????????????

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SNAKES OR REPTILES FOR THAT MATTER. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

whats the fuss over anyway do you think every one is going out to by malamutes you should post a warning about the breed , it would have to be the most stupid stubborn useless breed of dog there is (i lived with someone who owned and bred them since 1988) and if you can teach one to answer its own name your doing well people who own them normally try and convince you its the same thing as a siberian huskie "just better because they are more tollerant of the warmer weather .i think thats disrespectfull to the huskies they are one of the smartest working dogs compared to a big $1000 ball of fur thats scared of its own tail, when you see a malamute ask the owner what tricks can it do..the whole seen is really bitchy my ex was approched by a malamute owner who lived two blocks away he wanted his stud to mount one of our girls we refused so the owner just opened our back gate and let his dog in with our girls the resulting litter he claimed was half his (he just made an appointment pretending to purchase turned up with his dog and tried to take half the pups then and there after i kicked him out he came back with the police saying we have his pups .they told him to not waste their time after they found out the story its a lot like the GTP thing we see lots of people just see $$$

Why are you being so defensive, Sammie? I have only made some simple points, that's all. How am I being anti-social? I'm just trying to make people aware is all. Why would you be offended by this? You should be glad I'm bringing these points to people's attention, because you're doing the right thing by the dogs ... aren't you?

I was actually referred to this site by an existing member. A member who was concerned about "a backyard breeder selling pups on this chat list".

Reputable breeders actually have waiting lists that last for sometimes years and don't even need to advertise their puppies. They care about the dogs are sick of the phone calls from unfortunate puppy buyers not knowing what to do with their hip dysplastic pup, or adolecsent dog that's out of control because they weren't warned and educated about the breed before purchasing the puppy. Reputable breeders don't make any money out of their dogs, proper care and maintenance and PROPER health screening to ensure the health of the litter prevents any profit some folks think will be made.

So the point is not a "monopoly of the market" ... the point is concern about the DOGS, their health and wellbeing and doing all I can to prevent pounds and shelters filling up with Alaskan Malamutes.

Think of it like this sammie, how do you feel about people that sell reptiles off license?
I know it's not exactly the same but selling reptiles off license is frowned upon by the general keeping public.

I can assure you not all off license keepers are dodgy, but not many of us would take our chances with one.

Dog breeders are no different, because backyard breeders cause so many problems its frowned upon, doesn't mean all backyard breeders are dodgy though.
Fact remains you haven't got papers for your pups and no matter what good things you do with these pups it won't make up for that.

I think it's fair enough for a breeder to say something about your dogs IMO as i'm sure you would say something about it if it was a unlicensed reptile keeper.
I think the more people that teach others about Mals and huskies the better, it's a shame to see them end up in rescue homes etc.

ok,

i think everyone has made there point.

As stated this is a snake forum and not a dog forum. This thread can stay here for people to read, and make there own minds up, but i fail to see the point in going on about this.

If any members have questions that they want to ask then feel free. I just don't want to see this turn into a fight, about something that is irrelevant to this site.

.............now where did i put those papers for my pure bred snakes??? :roll:

I have had purebreds, I have had mutts....Just because someone has 'papers' for a dog doesn't guarantee you quality. I speak from experience.

Most 'breeders' of purebreds have only two motivators.
One: Awards, Plaques, Trophies, and anything else that says they're so clever because they've inbred their dogs enough to fit the 'fancy' standards....
Two: Money when pup time rolls on.

Anyone who says otherwise is flat out a liar. Ask anyone who owns a purebred dog, and who breeds said dog....how much do you charge for a pup...watch the dollarsigns pop into their eyes as they tell you some exorbitant amount.

Charging a lot doesn't guarantee the dog will lead a wonderful life, and be loved. I've seen purebred animals in shelters....alongside the mutts.

I don't see the problem with someone selling pups that are technically 'purebred'- just because they don't have papers. You only need 'papers' if you are going to breed your dogs for showing, or to sell them for ridiculous amounts of money. If licensed breeders can sell mutts (for example maltese X ****zu) for $500+....then someone like Sam (for instance) who can actually say her animals are purebred, should also be allowed to charge ridiculous amounts of money.

As far as I am concerned- if I see anything crossed with anything in a pet shop for $500....I wouldn't buy it. How is a cross breed dog purebred? It just isn't.

How many breeders of malamutes for example get calls from new owners fretting about it doing something, or not doing something? A lot I'd say.....Whats the difference?

In this case, Sam has scruples, has morals and I believe wouldn't leave anyone who'd purchased ANY animal from her in the lurch, or without some sort of negotiated resolution, in which both parties are happy.
She is a good, kind person with a heart of gold, and doesn't need to be disparaged by someone who just came in here to spout off his 'Fanciers' crud.

Mods, I'm surprised you allowed it for so long.

Soul...did you find that paperwork yet? LMAO!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back