Albino beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splitmore

Reaction score
Here are some pics of some albino beardies I am raising.They hatched unexpectidly in a clutch of inland beardies.All up there were 8 normals and 4 albino's.The albino's were a bit slow to start feeding but are now doing fine and growing well.

Attachments

• albino1.jpg
    albino1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 165
  • albino2.jpg
    albino2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 154
  • albino4.jpg
    albino4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 199
Ooohhh nice! I thought albino's were pure white with red eyes???

sup splity r u gonna sell them? im gonna get a beardie and they look beautiful

Splitmore,
Their amazing, well done!
Are there many with Albino's in Oz?
Not seen any advertised before.

Neil

Neil,
These are the only ones existing that I know of in the world.Some were hatched a few years ago in Australia but they all perished.Hopefully these little guys will grown up so albinos can be established in captivity.
Regards,
Splitmore

u must feel so good splity to have something so rare and beautiful uve got the whole web talkin about these little beauties ive been to heaps of ameriocan herp sites and thats all their talkin about.

Roadkill,
Not sure what colour phase the parents were,the albinos were hatched by someone else I aquired them from a friend.
The Americans do get excited when something new comes onto the scene unfortunately it's usually because they see the dollar signs attached to it.

My little beardies are gorgeous in their tininess but your guys are just gorgeous. Good luck with them.
Rina

http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/

There have been white barbatas. Centralians can go further with their colours. In the USA they breed vitticeps to pastels and call them morphs.

It doesn't matter how long you breed Easterns they won't go to pastel colours. This was accidental I'm fairly sure, because the USA only had a small amount of Centralians before the Export ban. I'm saying theyre inbred.

they have it inbuilt to change further in colouring than the Easterns.

I read this in a Melbourne University paper a few years back. Goto Photos on this link. They are all Vitticeps.

Mudmum 8)

actually they said that they were bred by an australian breeder and that happens to be splitmore.Also i dont even know what imao stands for.

LMAO = Laughing My A$$ Off (Thats what I always understood it to be)

mystic herps,
I think you should do a bit of research on what defines amelanistic.
Melanin is the dark pigment that gives animals their colouration,amelanistic(albino) means lacking dark pigment(ie melanin).Being amelanistic doesn't affect other pigments like red and yellow,hence the markings on the dragons.
Being such an expert in albinism I would have thought the red eyes on the dragons would have made it pretty obvious to you.
Regards,
Splitmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back