Albino lace monitor?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bax155

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just remembered a story my brother in law told me about a while back, he swears that a place his family camped at whilst growing up was home to an albino lace monitor, or as he called it "a cream goanna with pink eyes", he knows nothing about herps and is terrified of my snake collection therefore I don't think he's telling me fishermens/herpers tales as there is no benefit in doing so, I believe it was a lacy as the location only has lace monitors in it and no I will not reveal the location as there are too many poachers and money hungry buggers on here ;) all I will say is its in NSW. It was also a full grown adult so would definitely still be be alive and around as it was last seen only a few years ago.
Has anyone ever heard of this albino monitor or better still seen it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen them overseas (not Lacies of course) but they are extremely rare. I've never heard of an albino monitor in Australia.

did you go there and see it with your own eyes? snap a few pics ?

alright, i thought if you care enough to start this topic you wouldn't mind going there to get a pic, it might be the only albino lacy in aus.

alright, i thought if you care enough to start this topic you wouldn't mind going there to get a pic, it might be the only albino lacy in aus.
If I had the time I certainly would try and find it to photograph, but as none of the APS "experts" have heard of one let alone seen one I'm not going to waste my time, albinos are not really my cup of tea either!

If I had the time I certainly would try and find it to photograph, but as none of the APS "experts" have heard of one let alone seen one I'm not going to waste my time, albinos are not really my cup of tea either!

'Just remembered a story my brother in law tolled me about a while back' is what you said.

So how many PMs have you had from people wanting to know the location? If it exists there will be plenty of people itching to get their hands on it. I'd love to see a photo.

Last edited:
lmfao it's not surprising at all the way this thread is going... stick to the topic at hand people

that would be good to see, not a lizard but around BH at the moment the different variations of Sturt Desert Pea's sprouting up has been amazing

herp not so much the internet but ..... A mobile phones and 'text talk' and B. lack of education or and 3. commercials IE: Beanz Meanz Heinz......what chance have kids got
:?

mate if its true it might not be the only one. few years back, john cann's(snakeman's)grandson and one of my mates seen one in the national park while they were on a herp trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back