Albino Litoria aurea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of health issues would these little guys have i wonder? Being there skin is sensitive already, do these guys have many issues from the albinism?

The initial ones he had he kept under fairly bright UV light and it did cause some to have bleached patches on their heads. He now keeps them under low UV output tubes and has had no problems that Ive heard of.

Interesting! They're still reasonably valuable over in NZ, although the price is crashing almost as quickly as Rough-scaled Pythons. In February they were selling for $500 each, now just $40 (less if you buy a few). Most interesting is that some people are treating them with hormones so that they'll be infertile, thus protecting their investment. One guy was selling hormonally neutered ones for $200 each early in the year to protect his investment, and now they're worth next to nothing anyway :lol:

If you want to read a Kiwi herp forum squabble about this, here's a link:
http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/1-vt28359.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I just noticed - I think he has pinched my user name on that forum:x

So before anyone asks - not me selling them:)

Please and thank you's and you might get somewhere sweetie.

This is the internet! Please and thankyous are not required, and it's perfectly reasonable to include extras such as "NOW! :evil:" and "send it quickly or I'll &*$#ing stab you, *$&#". If no one complies within 30 seconds you're welcome to abuse everyone, and if there is no result after several minutes you're allowed to express your wish for everyone on the forum to die. It is standard practice to then wonder why people online don't cooperate with you, consider yourself to be much better than everyone else, and wonder why they don't recognise the fact and suck up to you more.

Back on topic, I find the hormonal sterilisation of the frogs to be both interesting and (the fact that it's used on valuable animals) rather disturbing.

Does anyone have more information about it? Answer me quickly or I'll &*#@ing stab you, @*%$.

o_O i'm an suitably amused by the above post.

and yes, if i were ever to keep froggied it would be them, they're awfully cute. fortunately for me, i don't particuarly feel the need to keep froggies, and even then they aren't available in Aus. ho hum

oh and roffle and the NZ squabble, they're almost as bad as us

This is the internet! Please and thankyous are not required, and it's perfectly reasonable to include extras such as "NOW! :evil:" and "send it quickly or I'll &*$#ing stab you, *$&#". If no one complies within 30 seconds you're welcome to abuse everyone, and if there is no result after several minutes you're allowed to express your wish for everyone on the forum to die. It is standard practice to then wonder why people online don't cooperate with you, consider yourself to be much better than everyone else, and wonder why they don't recognise the fact and suck up to you more.QUOTE]

Ha ha ha sdaji. I sent a few cage plans etc and clips to the kid never got a please, got pestered why i hadn'';t found it quickly then on the 56th cd of searching find it to not get a thanks. hmmmm.

Where's my #$%^& thanks now? lol

Back on topic, I find the hormonal sterilisation of the frogs to be both interesting and (the fact that it's used on valuable animals) rather disturbing.

Does anyone have more information about it? Answer me quickly or I'll &*#@ing stab you, @*%$.

I realise this is an old thread. Anyway your not the only one who found the hormone treatment disturbing. A couple of years on these frogs have been next to impossible to source. Seems the hormone treatment did alot more harm than good, may we all live and learn.

lol way to dig up a two year old thread..
Willy the frogs weren't his, read through a few of the posts on the first page.

I realise this is an old thread. Anyway your not the only one who found the hormone treatment disturbing. A couple of years on these frogs have been next to impossible to source. Seems the hormone treatment did alot more harm than good, may we all live and learn.

Wow, this is an old thread! I don't often come on to the herp forums any more, so was confused when APS emailed me notifying of an update in a frog thread.

I'm surprised and sad to hear the albino aureas have become scarce. The hormonal neutering didn't sit well with me at the time, and sits even worse with me now.

I'm a bit surprised no albinos have turned up over here.

The albinos look like custard and the regular ones look like choc mint! LOL! Choice Bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back