Albino olives

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

Reaction score
Just wondering how much a albino olive python go for and also what is their average size for an adult one aswell. I'd love to get an albino olive haha

Albino olives are the same size as normal Olives. originally they came from Northern Territory locality Olives which in my opinion are a little smaller than most. My 8 year old adults are about 3 meters and say 8-10 kilos. Some breeders have introduced Queensland locals which are larger, say 4meters; and then some have put them with Baronii, from WA which are larger again.
Price normally relates to feeding , which in turn influences their breeding potential. Last season some hatchlings, only feeding on Quail have been sold for $4000 whereas "good" feeders have achieved double that. I believe animals from het to albino matings are more likely to be better feeders and should therfore command a premium. Having said that; that is how we breed all of ours, and I am sure those who mate white to white may argue , that is a better way to go.
This coming season we are offering early orders; white males with het female for $6000 a pair and white female with het male for $5000 a pair with at least 10 feeds of rodents before delivery.

Awh. I really want a white one. $5-6000 sounds alright for a pair but I think everyone around me would yell at me to get a car/my P's before that happens. It'll have to wait til I'm rich and famous. Cheers for the info though, I hadn't any idea.

Don't want to go too much off topic but yeah!- petrol prices! Pfft.
Starting to sound like a much better option the more I think about it.
Olives are fantastic and all things amazing. I shouldn't worry about them getting too big either- a car needs a decent amount of space/a garage.... that'd be a decent sized enclosure.

Just wondering how much a albino olive python go for

2 examples:

In May 2011 there was a female advertised on The HerpTrader for $4000 and included a 100% het for albino male Olive Python. The ad was updated to 'sold' 5 days later.

Another ad placed in July 2010 "female albino Olive hatchling" advertised for $8500 included a male het. from another clutch. Ad was updated to 'sold' 4 days later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back