All about sexing snakes.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain04

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all you reptile lovers out there.

So here is the situation. I got a childrens python, and was thinking of getting another, housing them together, if they breed they breed, if not that cool too.

When I got this python off my mate, he told me it was male. So obviously now I want to get a female, but before getting the lovely lady I want to be sure that the handsome hunk im currently housing is in fact a choice cut of man or if my mate actually didnt know what he was talking about and I have been cross dressing this poor girl.

So my question. Sexing snakes. Youtube makes it look very simple. Yes this is a skill I really want to learn, but I dont want to risk my slithery friend in the process. Would those of you in the know say that it is possible and safe to learn this skill from a you tube video, or should I try and hunt down a guru in the art of looking up snake skirts to teach me?

As always any advice is much appritiated.

Cheers
Cain

So as I have something relevant in my post. I'm guessing the pro's would suggest the guru option.

What i actually wanted to say - well done, that was funny to read. Thx for the giggle ;)

hey mate
i would recommend that you ask around on this and other reptile forums specifically closest to your location and see if there are experienced breeders or people who know how to personally i would recommend a breeder because they do it all the time.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back