Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebuster

Reaction score
Hello to everyone:). As some of you know I just recently bought a 3ft long by 2ft wide by 2ft tall reptile enclosure:D:D:D. All I have to do now is to decide what reptile to get:p. I'd really like to get a Central Bearded Dragon, but a hear they need enclosures 4ft long:(!! Could I still put a beardie in there? If not, what else could I put in? By the way, please don't mention putting Antaresia in the enclosure. If there isn't anything else I can put in but antaresia, I'll get a spotted.
But otherwise, I'd like a beardie! Thanks to all who answer my questions. Lol.:)

S-buster.

i have a beardie in a 80cm length x 55cm high x 50cm deep. she is only yougnish but has heaps of room in the tank and is big enmough for her for as long as she lives. you might even be able to get two in the tank ive got

Hello to everyone:). As some of you know I just recently bought a 3ft long by 2ft wide by 2ft tall reptile enclosure:D:D:D. All I have to do now is to decide what reptile to get:p. I'd really like to get a Central Bearded Dragon, but a hear they need enclosures 4ft long:(!! Could I still put a beardie in there? If not, what else could I put in? By the way, please don't mention putting Antaresia in the enclosure. If there isn't anything else I can put in but antaresia, I'll get a spotted.
But otherwise, I'd like a beardie! Thanks to all who answer my questions. Lol.:)

S-buster.

get a spotted:lol: breaded dragons are social animals so need company, you should get 2 if your going to have them;) and I don't think that a enclosure that size is big enough for 2 adults they get quite big and are very active:)

hey did you look at the enclosure mate i got that one and is 80cm long and quite deep which makes up for it if u put a couple of logs in there for the guy to go up on it would be big enough for two. the top is screened of so just get u hub to put the lights in ive got a ceramic holder at the monent and have ordered a exoterra two light holder that sits on top. trust me there is heaps of room for them to run around in. my lttle guy runs arround chasing crickets and he gets tired. there is so much room to run around. he runs around for ages then doesnt go any where he just sits on his rock with his sunglow light.

Last edited:
hey did you look at the enclosure mate i got that one and is 80cm long
my lttle guy runs arround chasing crickets and he gets tired. there is so much room to run around. he runs around for ages then doesnt go any where he just sits on his rock with his sunglow light.

thats fine for one, but he's not full grown and they do better with their own company ie 2 or 3:) when he's full grown there won't be much room to run around

get a spotted:lol: breaded dragons are social animals so need company, you should get 2 if your going to have them;) and I don't think that a enclosure that size is big enough for 2 adults they get quite big and are very active:)

In that case, what else could I put in there, maybe a coastal? Or a bredli? Olive python? Lol!!:) Otherwise, I'll just get a spotted.

what? they AREN'T social reptiles.. they prefer to be alone. I guess if you want fighting and over breeding then ok;) some people keep beardies in 3x2x2. but my female is pretty lazy and will bask poo eat and sleep.. so I could probably keep her in a 3x2x2.

In that case, what else could I put in there, maybe a coastal? Or a bredli? Olive python? Lol!!:) Otherwise, I'll just get a spotted.

have a look at stimpsons, spotted or childrens, maybe a bit small for most carpets, maybe a MD or Darwin they get to about 2m, but it does take a couple of years:)

getting 2 beardies is fine as long as ur prepared to seperate them when they start fighting.

Kaida and Kyro had to be seperated at 4-5 months old (male started bullying the female, she only lost a tail tip, but still,..)
Chubby and Bug, both females started to fight at around 1 year old so i put their cage on the ground and left the doors open so they became house dragons to combat the problem. they still have the occasional biffo, but can escape each other,...

3x2x2 is do-able, just not ideal, let ur dragon out occasionally for a run and he/she should be fine,.... :)

btw, feeling in the enclosure isnt a good idea, crickets hide and nibble sleeping dragons,....get it used to a feeding tub and you'll save urself alot of hassle,..! :)

have a look at stimpsons, spotted or childrens, maybe a bit small for most carpets, maybe a MD or Darwin they get to about 2m, but it does take a couple of years:)

Neither of those carpets would be suitable in a 3x2x2 enclosure. The only carpet I'd keep in a 3x2x2 would be a jungle. But even then most carpets need atleast 4x2x2. An antaresia would be your best bet, carpets would live in it for upto 2years or so, depending on howmuch you feed them.

hey little dude sit down and think about what you realy want dont just by a reptile because it fits the cage now you can always bug your mum and dad later for a bigger cage when the animal gets to big for the old one cheers mate

Neither of those carpets would be suitable in a 3x2x2 enclosure. The only carpet I'd keep in a 3x2x2 would be a jungle. But even then most carpets need atleast 4x2x2. An antaresia would be your best bet, carpets would live in it for upto 2years or so, depending on howmuch you feed them.

you're right that's what I meant;) for a couple of years

Haha social? Beardeds? Guy you got the wrong reptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back