Am I being a wuss?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby2

Reaction score
Ok, i'm feeding my 9 month old jungle on pinkie rats now, they are about the same size as her girth and only a slight lump shows up in her belly after a feed, should i up it to fuzzys? or should i just feed her extra pinkies? I've heard i should go bigger rather than smaller but the fuzzys look so big! i don't want to overwhelm her...

also, in the meantime, how many fuzzys should i feed her and how often? I was going for smaller feeds more often to get her into a bit of a rhythm after some feeding troubles but i don't think that I want to maintain that now she's gulping them down.... any tips? pic isn't a great indicator of size but it might help...she's about 73 cm, and growing really fast at the moment.

Attachments

• Image(117).jpg
    Image(117).jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 67
actually even a bit bigger than that pic, that was about a fortnight ago

Definitely go up to at least fuzzy rats. My 5 month old MD is just about to be upsized from pinkie rats to fuzzies as she isnt lasting a week until she starts food seeking. Plus only a small bump and her food is down in under 10 mins. These are the indicators i use. You will be amazed at what they can get their jaws around. As I understand it you should be working towards feeding larger feeds less often, not smaller more often.

yes. fuzzies are the go. 1 or 2 each feed about once a week

yer that's my aim - i've been stretching the feeds out, i just think i should be feeding her more, she's never been a 'food seeker' but then again she never says no anymore - will try a fuzzy next time.

The hard part is done.... you already have her on rats, which, from what I have read, can be difficult, especially for jungles.

haha, yes it was, - i'm just happy that i can give her foor without gutting it anymore ;)

AT LEAST fuzzies - I have 5 mth old Carpets easily taking two Fuzzy Rats per feed...

My 4 mth old Stimmies aren't TOO far off either (currently taking Pink Rats or Weaner Mice)...

Don't be afraid to up the size of your food items, if it's too big they won't eat it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back