Am I out of date??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
17 emails in my inbox all from unknown account

open last one first timed at 4.50am

Why didnt you come. It has gone now

open first one now timed yesterday at 3.50pm

Come now cobra in garden wants to come into house ph .... addres ......

So I rang them up
Why didnt you come when we sent you the message?

Sorry didnt get your message until now

Why didnt you get our message?

I dont live on line but my phone is on 24/7

Easier to send email for us

Sorry but you have my number

You need phone that can get email messages so we can contact you in emergency

OK you buy me one

Silence

They are Aussie expats who I have visited 4 times before to remove snakes
Keep chooks and wont clean up yard so will always have dramas
Never cobras always pythons but they are terrified

If I was that scared Id use a phone???

What makes you feel slightly past your use by date??

Im (only :p) 27, & i am way behind the times! I have a crap, but working mobile, but a few of my friends say to me that i need 'this ph or that ph', so we can 'chat'......ummmm my phone excepts & makes calls, if thats not good enough to chat on, too bad!! Im not big on technology, while yes it is great & all, it confuses the hell out of me, & i would rather keep the ph i know how to use then buy another one so my friends can 'chat' with me.......whatever this 'chat' thing is surely it cant be better then just making an actual phone call!!

Hell, I can still remember the days when our bread was delivered by horse and cart.... TRUE !! So I'm way behind. We have a mobile phone that we keep for emergencies, if hubby goes out without me, he takes it and visa versa...other than that, we never use it. Barely know how to text, never need to...don't know what half these...ipads and iphones are and don't care. I write snail mail letters, send emails or use my land line (as it's now called) technology left me behind many years ago and I couldn't care less.

when i actually started to listen to 4KQ! (an am radio station here in Brizzy) lol and when i found myself sitting with a glass of wine one night watching better homes and gardens lol. and im only 31!

Mmm..turning on JJJ and thinking..what the **** is this..then comparing it to the quality of music back in 'my day'..
Getting into an altercation at work, and instead of getting punched, being threatened with being defriended on facebook..

Last edited:
Mmm..turning on JJJ and thinking..what the **** is this..then comparing it to the quality of music back in 'my day'..
Getting into an altercation at work, and instead of getting punched, being threatened with being defriended on facebook..

OH NO
Not the ultimate threat of being defriended

My better bit has been away in Borneo
coming back soon
dayak so dont want her getting pissy
did all the stuff like take dishes out back yard and use fire hose to wash them and the floors etc etc
even aired the mattress and clean sheets etc
dropped round to check if that snake was still there and nice little retic in bag came home
while shes there the a/c is on in the bedroom but I dont use it
no snakes in bedroom unless in boxes etc etc are her rules
got home to find burmese has gone wandering and decided the bed was perfect for its pee
and 3 metre burmese hold a lot of pee
raining and about 99% humidity so no idea what happens next

shes got a nose like a bloodhound so I might have do the rose petals all over bed trick and hope it works

Well I'm 56 and have been giving all my friends with smartphones a hard time for being nerds etc. Git a new Iphone through work and now know what all the fuss is about. They are fantastic an so easy to use....Agree about "chat" and stuff and SMS messaging but they have their use. The ease of taking a photo with the phone (great camera in it) and sendig it as an SMS is invaluable. And the apps you can get can be very useful. I'm a Health Inspector and I have downloaded a torch app (uses the cree LED in the phone) and a thermometer app.
Ad to the fact that you can access emails anytime as well.. :)
Even if you are the most technologically backward person in the world (like me) you will LOVE it..

I feel out dated when my Daughter tells me my quad skates are from the "olden dayz" gees I am impressed I can still skate lol I just dont like inline skates(roller blades)

Having a Harvey Norman salesperson start chuckling at me when I went in there recently to buy a set top box to convert an analogue tv to digital. The tv is about five years old and in perfect working order. After telling the salesperson that the ' throw away mentality ' of the world annoys me he proceeded to give me directions to his house where his wife would be waiting to give me one of three boxes he was about to throw out.

An excellent outcome that served several purposes.

I remember getting my first boot skates very clearly
So much easier than the old strap on ones
Love ice skating and roller skating but really dislike inline roller blades

I feel old because I just dont get the whole twitter thing, (and because I dont want to).

Also had a fairly large vinyl music collection. Now its just a 100GB drive.

I was reading some tweets the other day where thay said that actually talking on a mobile
is so passe`and sending emails instead of posting messages is old technology as well.
Guess I'm ancient

^^^^
Just drop a snake in their yard and see how fast they go back to actually using a phone??

People I visited this morning actually told one of their friends
Dont bother emailing him
he doesnt have an i,phone
only way to get him in a hurry is to ring up

thats still the first thing I would try
not the last

retirement home for old codgers beckoning

nah

I still use expressions like 'wouldnt be dead for quids'
young uns look at me with dazed expressions and ask what quids are

longgi...didn't we grow up in a wonderful time....quids, zacks, threepenny bits, pennies, bobs and halfpennies....a wonderful wonderful time the 50s and 60s...

Im 14 and i agree with you all, a mate asked me to send a text on his iphone, i didnt even know what i was doing, it's so confusing.

Im 14 and i agree with you all, a mate asked me to send a text on his iphone, i didnt even know what i was doing, it's so confusing.

My mum cant turn a computer on nor text with a phone but she can operate an iPhone. There so simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back