Amy Winehous dead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that some people will be disappointed in her death, but calling her an outstanding musician & the like is really starting to draw a long bow. She had to portray herself as an emo, disfunctional singer (& I'm using the term 'singer' very loosely here) just to get noticed. That's the biggest shame in it all. There will be others that follow her.....

On facebook everyones making jokes about her death, its not funny. How would you like it if you got addicted to drugs and went off the rails then died before you reach 30, only for loads of idiots to joke about your death and say "shes a waste of space anyway".

Exactly snakeluvver. You are very intelligent, more so than some of the others who posted on here ;) people say she shouldn't have been into drugs, but that's very easy to say. Nobody is condoning drug or alcohol abuse or addiction, and complaining about it here isn't going to achieve anything, everyone knows it's a bad idea. I hate it how every time someone posts a thread about a person's death on here people have to come and talk crap and be disrespectful.

One singer dies - the world's papers front it...

85 children die in Norway - and I hardly hear a whisper...

Of those 85 children who died - how many won't even get their names remembered - even though they died in terrible circumstances...
chur!!!

I find humans completely over the top when it comes to celebrities - in fact, it's quite disappointing over all...

Amy Winehouse was a fantastic artist - and that sux... I wonder if any of the dead children could have come on to being famous singers, world leaders or even actors!

All sadness...
chur, i agree.

r.i.p amy, all though i did have to google your name because i did'nt know who you are.

Last edited:
Small minded people Tahlia...If you dont like someone for whatever reason, refrain from comment, and sit on your mouth!

RIP Amy Winehouse, RIP everyone else that died and no-one talked about.
Amy's songs were really good.

Small minded people Tahlia...If you dont like someone for whatever reason, refrain from comment, and sit on your mouth!

Best advice in the thread :) I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that.

The weekend has been absolutely tragic. :cry: It's always more poignantly sad when someone dies young, celebrity or not. Either way a life is cut short, along with all its potential, leaving a rent in the lives of family and friends. It always reminds me of a sapling being torn out of the ground by the roots, disturbing the soil and breaking fragile connections with the earth.

My heart goes out to the Norwegian victims and their families as well as to Amy Winehouse and her family.

To say the level of compassion and respect for the passing of a fellow human being in this thread is dissapointing is an understatement to the n'th degree. This is why I prefer the company of my reptiles. Absolutely disgraceful. RIP, I found you to be soulful and talented.

My thoughts entirely...... having known a couple of people who followed a similar path to destruction it doesn't exactly follow the path that people think & is a very sorry demise of a star whose light was obviously too bright for this world. Understanding drug affliction as I do makes the negative comments laughable & uneducated.

You have made a very valuable contribution to this thread well done ??????????

My thoughts entirely...... having known a couple of people who followed a similar path to destruction it doesn't exactly follow the path that people think & is a very sorry demise of a star whose light was obviously too bright for this world. Understanding drug affliction as I do makes the negative comments laughable & uneducated.

You have made a very valuable contribution to this thread well done ??????????

Well put Joe. I've seen the same and almost went that way myself once upon a time.

slim6y said:
One singer dies - the world's papers front it...

85 children die in Norway - and I hardly hear a whisper...

Of those 85 children who died - how many won't even get their names remembered - even though they died in terrible circumstances...

I find humans completely over the top when it comes to celebrities - in fact, it's quite disappointing over all...

Amy Winehouse was a fantastic artist - and that sux... I wonder if any of the dead children could have come on to being famous singers, world leaders or even actors!

All sadness...

Quoting for emphasis. The death of a celebrity with a history of drug and alcohol abuse isn't entirely unexpected (although still sad). However, the families of the children who were murdered in Norway's freak attack is where my heart will really go.

Last edited:
As Joe and Snake Whisperer have said, some of us have trod the line, and some of us have lost near and dear...perfection in the human Psyche is alas not achievable....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back