Amyae hatching.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEWY

Reaction score
I had another clutch hatch today.
I was able to catch the second one in the act.
It is a pale coloured baby and looks hot. So far, I am getting a normal and pale in each clutch, which is cool.

IMG_0707.jpgIMG_0708.jpg

With its clutch mate

IMG_0711.jpg

and with a few other pinkies.

IMG_0714.jpg

nice amyae chewy .... if you have any spare feel free to shoot me a PM :p

So very cute. Must have been great to be able to watch the little one hatch. Congrats :)

Hi Chewy,
Can you share photo's of the parents? Have you had a chance to grow any that look like this up to see final colours? Such a lovely thing to watch them hatch. Thanks for sharing.

Cute! Where did u get the parents from?? As mine always throw one pale and one red hatchling.

Can you share the ratio of vermiculite and water?And what's the temperature and humidity in the incubation? Thanks.

Thanks all for the nice comments.
I'm pretty happy with just the hatchies, but being so good looking (both colours alike) makes it all the sweeter.

Here are the parents, (2F 1M. Male at front)

IMG_0547.jpg

but this is the first season that I have had them so I don't how how the ghosties will finish up. Strangely enough, the first clutch to hatch, the pale one died, it wouldn't eat and force feeding didn't help. The red on from that clutch is actually the large pale one in the photo of three in my first post. Not sure if the others will fade as well, but it's only early.

@Jay84: the parents are from Hugsta. I don't think he bred them this season but I could be wrong. How do your pale and red hatchies end up? Any pics please?

@Kupper: and everyone who PM'd, my plans are to keep the pales to see what happens with them. Since a red became a ghost, I was wondering, should I hold them too, but... if the right price came along.

@raymado: I used a 50/50 ratio and the incubator was full of snake eggs, it stayed around 30-31, but I had all the eggs on the floor to keep them cooler. I had a clutch hatch at 68 days and the rest 74-77 days. Any thoughts?

The problem with them is into adulthood I have found they all seem to go a uniform color only holding onto there white / pink for a few years

Also be interesting to see what they look like after there first breeding season as I have a hunch that there color change may start after breeding but time will tell

After being realistic, I have admitted I don't have the room for all the babies and have decided to part ways with a few.
All of the reds are showing signs of lightening and are becoming more like the pales.
Here are some examples

The red on the left
IMG_044720-20Crop.jpg

is this gecko
2.jpg

Also, the red in the top post is only 6 days old and is currently looking like this
7b.jpg

Here they are:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/sale-reptiles-insects-5371/nephrurus-amyae-159921/#post1934885

Last edited:
Well, I have had the final clutch in the incubator for some time now. Thanks to Energy Australia for the numerous power outages and a now faulty thermostat (I think due to the constant black outs)
I'd almost given up hope, but as they looked good, I left the eggs to cook.
Today, both eggs hatched two health babies... After 102 days.
Again, there was a red and pink hatchy.

congrats on the latest arrivals i bet you are relieved that they finally hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back