amyaes tails

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Howdy folks, was sitting in the dark last night watching my amyaes (centralian knob tailed geckos) by the light of their red dichroic and the male was strutting around dragging his little knob (tail that is) in the sand while vibrating it so fast it was a blur. Producing a zig zagging trench with it as he went. I've seen bits of these marks amongst their stompings in their desert sand before but never thought too much about them, seems that weird little tail of theirs actually has a purpose hey.
Do you reckon this is a sexual type display, territorial marking thing or what?
Danny?

Bye, Steve.

Howdy, nobody cares about the knobby tail shakin thang hey?
My sexy amyae girl laid last night. Man they're huge eggs - for a gecko that is. About 25mm x 15mm, that's gotta hurt! She laid in a cricket container full of vermiculite. I'm a very happy herpa fella.
Bye, Steve.

Howdy Afro, she's about 5 1/2" and two years old. Have only had them a couple of months, was stoked to find a two year old pair for sale, thought I'd be lucky to even find some hatchies. The male is pictured, he's a bit smaller, didn't want to stress out the female after her ordeal.
Bye, Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back