An interesting case!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helikaon

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Im a little excited about this one. So i picked these up from a friend today to run some tests and get some treatment done on these two little diamond pythons. Very interesting cases they are swallon with generalised oedema from about 1/3 the way down their body. Still eating and passing stools fine. Will know more when i get a chacne to test a few things. 2 out of the clutch have this all others are normal. Not hte best photos but i will try and get some clearer ones this camera is not very good at focusing.

DSCF9266.jpg

DSCF9273.jpg

cheers
H.

Would be very interested in finding out what the test results showed as well.

oh sorry guys hadnt looked back at this one as no one had previously commented so wasnt going to bother. An aspirate of the fuild showed mainly water, red blood cells some inflammatory cells and bacteria. Unfortunately at this time i am not going to take blood from them due to be so small so cant test biochem, they have been started on antibiotics and i have seen improvement already, most likely issue is an atypical form of blister disease. the skin has been so stretched that is very weak and has been skin is very removed from the underlying layers so will take some time before comepletely back to normal will give them a feed tongiht and see how they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back