Anataresia snake fight/bite advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonmum

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've housed a stimson female and a maculosus male together for 4 years. Tonight when I was thawing mice on top of the cage (which I'll never do again) the maccy got over-excited and latched onto the stimson. They were wrapping around/squeezing each other but eventually managed to separate without my help. It looked awful.

I washed the stimson in some warm water with a dash of detergent to see if she had any wounds, but she seems to have escaped with only two bent scales and no aggro. I think my daughter was more traumatised than the snake (her pet). Meanwhile, the maccy got quite a mouthful of sand, so I'm not sure if he damaged anything while trying to let go of her in the tussle.

After everyone (especially my kids) had settled down, I fed the snakes in separate cages and they both were happy to have their mice. Should I worry about any injuries? I'm afraid that if the maccy has trauma to the mouth he could get an infection down the track. Should I check his mouth in a few days to make sure it looks okay? Any advice is most welcome.

They'll be fine. Keep them in separate cages from now on - you just learnt your lesson.

Can i ask why you are keeping these 2 together???

Same size, good temperaments, nice big cage - had no problems. We keep them warm all winter so we don't have any little hybrid eggs to worry about.

G'day,

Eventually you will end up with one fat snake, instead of two regular sized snakes. I suggest seperating them ASAP.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back