And Finally

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just thought this was a good pic.

100_3613_edited.sized.jpg

Thanks and I promise that's all for awhile.

Keep the pics a coming...i love checking out others snakes in their collections...way to go!!!

Nope, nothing appealing going on here. :shock:
Regards Rina

That's an interesting patterning around the snout, giving her that white-faced looked. What species is she Kevyn?

:p

Hix

Thanks for that. I was thinking it didn't look like a desert rattler. Not with that tail.

Hix

YUKKK!!!!!!!

Thank gott all our snakes are mostly neurotoxic!!!

Don't let yours tag you on the forehead like your retic did!

Hix

Pretty nasty pic. Some Crotalus venom is both hemotoxic and neurotoxic. Cortalus scutellatus (Majove Rattlesnake) has both toxins, as does Crotalus durissis (Neotropical Rattlesnake). Pretty nast what the combination can do to you.

C. oreganus has relatively weak venom. I've never actually heard of a human fatality resulting from a bite from one. My wife's grandfather is a retired surgeon, and he is one of the few doctors around here to have used the anti-venin for the species. He also can't recall reading or hearing of a fatality as a result of C. oreganus. That's not to say I'm taking any chances, since I am allergic to anti-venin.

i thought you gave up venomous snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back