...and i have eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_beardie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!
well my rivs laid eggs again.. hopefully this time they will be more successful because last time she ate them all. here are some pics, enjoy!

i also have a question:
how do you know if they are fertilized?

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 104
You should feed her more often!! LOL..... naw seriously, congratulations, hope it all works out well for you this time!

Infertiles eggs are generally white.

Are there more eggs than just the white ones that can be seen in the picture?

yes there are a few clearish ones but i don't know :( i guess i have to wait until they are older

the eggs will be sorta orange or yellowish red. the white ones are generally infertile. they should hatch in about 4-5 days then the parents move the fry around the tank, i usually suck them out and put them in a smaller tank with the same water and a heater and air stone. if your tank is big enough you can use those fry savers. feed them baby brine shrimp or crushed flakes.

thanks so much for the info! they are white and less and less every day so i think she is eating them and they are infertile. they are still small so hopefully i will have more success in the future.

OKAY I am REALLY excited! Lost hope about the eggs but this morning i looked and there was a pile of brown things, THEY are baby fish!!!!!!! i am SO excited. i read that they will be free swimming in about 4 days.

oncethey are free swimming, put them in their own tank with the same water, with an air pump and heater for better survival rate. keep us updated.

here are some photos. do these look like little fish to you? i THINK so :D

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

update on the baby fish: they are all gone :'(

update on the baby fish: they are all gone :'(

as i said, the parents probably moved them around the tank... have a better look around the tank, it will be harder to find as you have brown gravel...
i have thought that i had lost fry so many times but they have been either in a ditch that the parents have made or somewhere else in the tank...
OR
the parents have eaten them, that is why i always take them out

okay i will have a better look but if i scare the fish will they probably eat them?

not necessarily they will most likely defend them, also make sure you do regular water changes in the fry tank. good luck finding them

hehe thank you i found them. :D they were in a slight ditch is it possible the fish made that themselves?

it has been brought up by people on another forum that my fish aren't rivulatus... aparantly they have never been taken out from south america and they actually are called something else but it is a common mistake to assume they are rivulatus. i am totally confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back