And the winner is... Fire ants!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went up for territory day this year. Was very very fun. I spent it in Katherine!

As for that site.. Pretty funny really, the text. Though his 'locust' is a cicada, his 'spider' is a solfugid, and half the ants in the videos weren't fireants....

And it's no wonder everyone hates Americans!

pfft fire ants. the green ants in queensland etc would be much more interesting. you guys should so go out and test their wits against a variety of creatures. my oppion would be

greens vs cane toad
greens vs scorpion
greens vs bulldog ants
greens vs explosives

then just post them on youtube and let us have a look. ide love to see that

i love ants so much. ants take over termite mounds by squirting formic acid into the mouths of the termites. now i say that is some kind of gang warfare. check out my ant aviator

Yep - I did make mention to green tree ants on page one... They're very very cool!

I mean look at this one I took a photo of just out mission beach - he was ready to kill the camera (on his own).

I used to breed attack ants or guard ants - yep, a special breed of green tree ant - they'd keep the house from roaches etc, and also they'd drop intermitantly on unsuspecting people entering the property. So I left them around... But it doesn't take long before they're out of control and you can't bait them. All you can do is cut of their branches and burn them... I had this game where on rubbish day I'd put the open bin underneath the tree with the nest and I'd cut off the branch the nest was on and hoped it landed in the bin, then raced down the tree, shut the bin, wheeled it out to the street and let the rubbish guys take them away...

Never got bitten once doing that... :)

attachment.php

ya them and bull ants are freakin nasty, and smart too. ive been walking on a path and a bull ant is walkin the opposite way towards me, will stop, take an agressive stance and when i tried to get around it it moved in front of me and would pivot around so i couldnt get buy. I had to jump over it! bloody freaky....soon they will rule the world.

pfft fire ants. the green ants in queensland etc would be much more interesting. you guys should so go out and test their wits against a variety of creatures. my oppion would be

greens vs cane toad
greens vs scorpion
greens vs bulldog ants
greens vs explosives

then just post them on youtube and let us have a look. ide love to see that

I recon i'm going to have to conduct my own study!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back