Angle head question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keliculus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just have a quick question about my Southern Angle Head,
I have had him for about 4 months now and I just got his new enclosure 2 weeks ago (an 45x45x60cm EcoTerra) he seemed really happy when I first put him in there climbing around and everything but over the last week he has become rather lethargic, spending most of his time sitting in his pool or at the front of the tank and hasn't been climbing much, but when I feed him he becomes his old self again until the food is gone.
Is he just sulking because of his house change or is it something worse, or is it maybe the heat?? My mum noticed he seems to perk up a little when the air con is on.

Thanks

It's hard to say without a little more info. What temps is his enclosure getting to? These guys really don't like anything over around 28degC so it could be that he is sulking due to being a little too hot.
It could alos be that he has seen something in the vicinity of his new enclosure he just doesn't like. The most innocent lttle things can cause these guys to sulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back