angry spotted python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakekid666

Reaction score
hey i have a 15 month old spotted python i have had him for about 7 months now and hes very agressive when i try to get him out of his enclosure but is fine and handles well when finally out. is this normal are spotted pythons naturaly aggressive or is there something i might be doing wrong?

i have a few spotteds and dont find any of them to be aggressive. it is normal for some snakes to be cage protective, but ok once out. try using a hook to get it out of the enclosure if your not wanting to get bitten

a lot of snakes can be very cage defensive, but fine when their out.
it may get used to it or it may not.

unless your trying to grab his face when you pick him up or something else stupid, you probably aren't doing anything wrong and its just the snake.

yeah i thought that it might of been abit cage defensive i do use a hook and it helps but is there anything i can do so its not as cage defensive or whatever

yeah i thought that it might of been abit cage defensive i do use a hook and it helps but is there anything i can do so its not as cage defensive or whatever

Sometimes they are just hungry up his feed a little, like feed him 2-3 off what ever your feeding him already

At that age I would keep them on heat and keep them feeding but that's just what I would do Its not wrong to do what your doing but not for me and a lot of people here will agree to keep the heat on and feeding

If he's burmating then how come you're taking him out of his tank?

Hi, I have a female spotted but she doesnt eat for weeks, last time she went for 7 weeks before eating, now she is up to 5 weeks. I only feed her one 14 day old rat.

Is this normal for spotted?

Hi, I have a female spotted but she doesnt eat for weeks, last time she went for 7 weeks before eating, now she is up to 5 weeks. I only feed her one 14 day old rat.

Is this normal for spotted?

No its not normal all snakes are different though, First what are your temps I would turn them up at the hot end to around 33 and cool end ambient, How old is she?? what size enclosure do you have her in ????

Lewy

Its either defensive or your snake has a feeding reflex
do you feed it inside the tank when you do feed it?

some snakes that dont get handled often but are fed in the tank regularly, learn that when the tank opens foods coming so it takes a hook or something similar to let them know its handling time not feeding time.

Mine was like this at one stage because i didnt handle him for a few months but is over it now because i've strated to handle him a bit more these days so now i can just reach in take him straight out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back