Angry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insectboy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

I need help with my blue tongues(dusk and sunrise), they have gone a bit aggressive:cry:.
I don't know there sex( is there way i can find out?), so can someone please tell me
what is up with my normally peaceful blue tongues? There gone from peaceful sleep in your lap to bite what ever goes in there tank even a pencil!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Insectboy

Last edited:
My bluey has been aggro lately too.. I assumed it was because of the breeding season but I really dunno. I don't know his gender either. Can't really help but you're not alone!

Maybe if you could offer some more info, the experienced BTS keepers could respond, for instance how old are they (would influence whether it's mating behaviour or not), their housing situation (size, temps) etc etc. Are they constantly aggressive or just sometimes (eg feeding time)?
Blueys can be really hard to sex, especially when they're young. I have 2 (suspected) females & so far they get along really well, so I haven't had to deal with aggressive lizards. Also I'm still new at this BTS caper, so can't really offer much advice, hopefully someone more experienced can comment?

I am not experienced but read the only way to properly sex them is via X Ray...a tad expensive though for the home hobbyist...mind you...I dont think I would be confident doing a sexing on a snake with a probe either LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back