Animal healer and enthusiast, welfare volunteer, general animal attractant!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twopaw

Reaction score
I have an interest in owning a python although have not settled yet on all the fiddlies. I get visiting house geckoes, and maybe wild ones too.
I have bush camped in early 2007, in the hills of Brisbane area, up past The Gap and Paddington: and a wild huge python came up to me whilst laying in my tent for the night, a while after sundown after some campstove cooking.

And the snake first found its way under the tent floor, and went beside me as I lay on my back, I'd put my hands underneath my body, and it appeared beside me and then moved its way around my head and away from me and the tent. A very soothing and lovely thing to happen with a wild python. I lifted up the tent the next morning to move on, and saw the body size marked into the ground. It was maybe 10cm width! As I went for a walk in the first daylight, I noticed other signs of large pythons, with tracks of their bodies and their prey showing in the dirt/mud.

It had crashed in the bush before it came up to see me. I think. As I went for a scout around last light, and one biggie disappeared near rocks and crashed against the floor of the bush.

I've handled a few pythons before and find them very peaceful.

Blessings
twopaw

Last edited:
lol asharee, dont scare the newcomers away!

nice story btw, i'd love to get up in queensland one day, never been and till im older there isnt much hope for me either

anyways, welcome to the forum i guess

I think it was a real welcome to the area, seeing as I hadn't been there before!

Ah! I'm not scared, not scared at all. The last python I had handled was a few weeks ago, a surprise visitor to the local shops, with a man in the hairdresser.

I think it was a real welcome to the area, seeing as I hadn't been there before!

Ah! I'm not scared, not scared at all. The last python I had handled was a few weeks ago, a surprise visitor to the local shops, with a man in the hairdresser.
i would have gotten out and tried to intentify it to be honest, but that's just me :p

Thanks lizardboii. Yeah I'm up in far north now. I'm not worried.

i would have gotten out and tried to intentify it to be honest, but that's just me :p

I have guessed that it was a scrub python most probably, being so large. I was pretty tired though and went off to sleep soon after! Like after a massage sort of thing, quite relaxing of the python to go by me like that, wow it felt awesome!!

Thanks lizardboii. Yeah I'm up in far north now. I'm not worried.

I have guessed that it was a scrub python most probably, being so large. I was pretty tired though and went off to sleep soon after! Like after a massage sort of thing, quite relaxing of the python to go by me like that, wow it felt awesome!!
probably was a scrubby, considering the size you have described, and you know, it was in....what do you call it??.....oh yeh, the scrub

I found the colour just as it was on my shoulder, it has a pale underside sort of half and half, along with little yellow dots and a dark green colour under the dots. Just before it launched off my shoulder and away to hide in all the computer cables. still with the yellow dots and black eyes. the green is more of a forest green, it came up onto the desk just now

although now i look at it as it becomes star of the show on the desktop and laptop, the yellow area is more like pieces of a interlocking puzzle and not at all circular. and with slight black marking under the face in a line for a little part of the body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back