Animes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asharee133

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Which anime's do all you folks like?
i like
Deathnote
Pokemon(i grew up loving it and still do!)
grave of the fireflies (made me cry)
spirited away
Princess mononoke
mahoromatic (adore it)
pia carrot (i know its soft hentai, but its hilarious so sue me.)
the wallflower
and that is all :D

My favorite anime movie of all time is Grave of the Fireflies.

As for series, my favorite is definitely Naruto Shippuuden, people don't like it because it's become popular in mainstream culture, but I still love it.
I also like; Gash no Bell, Chobits, Great Teacher Onizuka and Angel Sanctuary. There's a few more that I really like but after I finish watching it I usually forget about it xD

haha probably, what makes anime, anime?? ive never really taken the time to watch many, just always assumed initial d was?

Aren't they all just cartoons?

Anime is Japanese and stylized.
It's the animated version of drawn manga.
Anime has a completely different style to most cartoons, the way it's drawn. It also has more of a plot compared to pretty much all cartoons.
Cartoons appeal to children because of the bright colours and weird looking characters with no plot.
Anime can appeal to all age groups, some have serious plots and others have more relaxed, comedic plotlines.

The main difference in my opinion is that anime tells a story over a number of episodes, aspects of the story are told over a number of seasons. The storyline of a cartoon ends after each episode.

haha probably, what makes anime, anime?? ive never really taken the time to watch many, just always assumed initial d was?

Initial D is an anime - I've never actually seen it though, is it any good?

ahah yea got to love pokemon,
One Piece
Initial D
Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghubli stuff is all great
Ikki Tousen
and just started watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

i think initial d would be classified as anime then?
i used to be pretty into it a few years ago. i guess it depends whether your into cars or not as its pretty much solely based around that. although in saying that, i saw the movie (which isnt anime, but similar story) with a group of mates when it came out over here a few years ago and they all enjoyed it, whether or not they were into cars.
worth a go i guess haha

i think initial d would be classified as anime then?
i used to be pretty into it a few years ago. i guess it depends whether your into cars or not as its pretty much solely based around that. although in saying that, i saw the movie (which isnt anime, but similar story) with a group of mates when it came out over here a few years ago and they all enjoyed it, whether or not they were into cars.
worth a go i guess haha

that would have been the live action movie of initial D

that would have been the live action movie of initial D

thats the one!
i think i might have a copy around here somewhere, might have to hunt it down and give it another run.
i think i might have some of the series too, i cant remember if i bought it or borrowed it off a mate, looks like ive got some hunting to do.

yeh its not that bad of a movie but the anime is much better.... lol now i got to find mine i want to watch it lol

Fruits Basket! :p
Saber Marionette J
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Love Hina
Vampire Princess Miyu
Steel Angel Kurumi
Martian Successor Nadesico
Chobits
Anything Studio Ghibli - but Howl's Moving Castle is my fav :)
and the list goes on lol.....

Fruits Basket! :p
Saber Marionette J
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Love Hina
Vampire Princess Miyu
Steel Angel Kurumi
Martian Successor Nadesico
Chobits
Anything Studio Ghibli - but Howl's Moving Castle is my fav :)
and the list goes on lol.....
is love hina good?
and naledge, anima+, vampiredoll, the naruto manga's are good zombiepowder, hmm cant thing of anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back