Annoying Advertisements

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They used to make cool ads..... that cockatoo that was screaming "who stole the telly!" :lol: I think ad designers these days are pretty hamstrung as to what they can/cant do..... someone will always be offended by something. Yea, the rivers ads suck..... so bad :facepalm:

The windex ad with the magpies that ring the doorbell and then close the sliding door is cool. :lol:

Progressive insurance ad also, where she is hugging her self.

Anything to do with premature ejaculation and laddies sanitaries. Always come on tv or radio around dinner time and after school hours.

I decided I would watch masterchef.....you mean masterad......because I saw more ads than the show......

The standard length of a show for a half hour time slot is 17 minutes I think.

And an hour time slot is I think 42 minutes.

I hate when you get the same ad twice in each ad break :facepalm: And the tv companies always deny ads are louder than the program :rolleyes: They are obviously louder.... so if you go to make a cuppa in the add break, or go to the loo, you still get to hear the ad :rolleyes:

And I hate the 'healthy food' ads, where you see a gorgeous model about to eat some packaged health dinner/food.... but they never actually show them eat it..... probably interferes with the models 2 peas and a jelly bean per day diet :rolleyes:

Then there is the makeup ads.... p......tive and that.... the before pics are usually closer up (highlights anything zit-like), the person is not smiling or actually frowning.... in the after pic, she is smiling and the pic is at a different (more forgiving) range :facepalm: the ad people must think we are all so gullible :lol:

I usually work night shift over the weekend, and when I first started I hated how quiet the office was, it was a bit creepy, so I had the tv going as background noise. I saw every infomercial enough times that my mental defenses were crumbling, and some part of my brain was starting to think that maybe proactiv would be an awesome thing to buy(even though I don't have acne)... and that I definitely need one of steamer thingies(even though we've already got a steam cleaner and I don't think I've ever used it)... and so one and so forth. Now I keep the tv off.

The worst are the funeral insurance ads . It works out that if you don't die for 20 years you will have paid $120,000 for a $6000 funeral . You can prepay a funeral in full now for $6000 and it doesn't matter how long till you die .

I too have calculated the insurance ads, everyone would do better putting the allotted money into a bank account. At the least money will be there when you need it! No one has mentioned the stupid as Coles My 5 adverts! I too hate the insurance and Holy Bush nuts batman! The ladder costs that much!!!!!
Honestly if you took out ALL the insurance policies etc how much pay would you have at the end of the month let alone a week!!!!

Another one.... Karicare Aptamil Formula.
I love how the breast feeding mum is flatter than the tv screen. Where is the reality these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back