Another AAE stuff up +info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zobo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well it was only a matter of time really till they stuffed me around. After years with no problems they did this to me:
I sold an expensive snake to someone in Port Macquarrie area. Called AAE first to check and was told yes they can send from Brissie to sydney then on to Port Mac. Total time was about 5 hours of flight etc. So I booked them on the flight a week prior.
At 5:30pm the day before the flight AAE call me and say they dont fly to Port Mac due to reptile issues with the smaller aircraft and they will have to go to Newcastle.......a 3 hour drive for my buyer.
My buyer agreed at the last moment....thank god.
BUT THEN....it gets better.....
I went to Pink Floyd concert last night and got home at 1am this morning. Had to get up at 5:45am to get snake to airport on time ( a 1 hr drive in traffic and $5in tolls), I get there pay my money give them the snake...all good....get in the car.....get 10 mins up road and get called by AAE....'we have a problem', go back and they tell me, sorry but they can't go to Newcastle...our bad!
Well you can guess the rest..... thankfully other arangements have been made with the buyer, but anyone using AAE beware......I was told they will now only freight to capital cities and definately no regional areas in NSW. Info I could have used last week!!!!
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH
jas;) you gotta laugh!

Talk about getting the run around! I hope you didn't pay and got free shipping!

I rang them yesterday and they said they would send to Dubbo.
I think thats classified as regional

Yeah nearly had a problem last week. Sent some beardies to newcastle via sydney from brisbane. Mine went through after an overnight delay.
Most flights to newcastle via sydney are non reptile flights......however their is the odd one that can take reptiles. But AAE have decided(chick at front counter at Brisbane) that from now on no animals will go to newcastle via Sydnery as its toooooo hard for them to work out which flights can or cannot take reptiles....to hard or to lazy?!
Service? No whats easiest for them.

On that note does anyone have AAE's phone number? I can never ever find it under their name in the phone book.

i sent some snakes to port mac a couple weeks ago, we had the same hassle, but the snakes did arrive after the buyer spent a few hours traveling there and back twice, the thing was we wanted them to go to taree and they sent me to port mac as the closest airport??????? the trouble is as always, every office does what they think is right, but i do know they are cutting down the airports they ship to, i advize anybody wanting to buy reptiles go and ask their local aae if they fly reptiles in, it's harder for an aae office 100's of miles away to know for sure if your local aae take in live reptiles,

me and a seller from this site just had some troubles with AAE.
arranged for a reptile to be sent to gold coast, over the phone they told the seller it was fine. The seller gets to the airport and they tell him gold coast arent accepting live animals anymore..
Ended up getting it sent to Lismore (regional NSW) and all turned out well.

i had a snakie go missing which they claim never arrived. I asked if I could have a quick look around the office because the seller told me it definetly left at his end. I discovered it amongst a shipment of horse semen that was waiting to be picked up (I suppose they filed it under "S").

what a crock of gold, god they are idiots, they should have one set of rules etc not stuff you around at the last minute.........I am very annoyed.
jas

Last edited by a moderator:
They effectively doubled their prices yesterday! :shock: I have already taken payment for a few things which have to be sent out, so the extra freight costs will have to come out of my pocket; it's going to cost me a fortune!

I was messed around by them really badly last week, it wrecked my day's plans (I ended up being unable to send a snake after making a booking and coming in, so had to take it back home, rather than go from the airport to where I was planning to go and leaving the snake to die in a hot car), which stuffed up the plans of the person I was going to see and the plans of the person who I'd told would be able to pick his snake up! I feel stupid for having defended AAE lately! I must say, they've treated me very well over the last few years, but lately they've been shocking! To add insult to injury, the price doubling happened between the first and second time I tried to send the snake.

We're in a nasty situation; we can't complain too much or they'll stop sending snakes (our business doesn't mean all that much to them and with the occassional escapee, you'd have trouble blaming them if they decided to stop shipping reptiles), and as our only carriers, they have us by the ears and we can't afford to lose them, even shocking as they can be.

Bring back Ansett!

Cost me $57 to send to brissie which is same as what it used to cost before the recent price drop.
If it's true about no regional airports in NSW though... that sucks and how long before that becomes nation wide?

i sent to cairns from goldy yesterday and it cost $31 they are unreal there and seem to have a set price not like in brissie where it seems to change everytime u go there

cheers Sam

they tried to charge me $51 to send a little lunch box sized container weighing less thn 500g!!!!
from BRISSIE to Sydney.

bump!
just a follow up on some earlier troubles a seller and I had.
has anyone had a snake sent to gold coast airport recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back