Another AAE stuff up +info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coolangatta only has 2 flights a day for reptiles as they are Qantas, Qantas has the only air conditioned frieght hold.

They recently lost my adult pair of tanamis I had sent up from Melbourne. They told me nope definately no reptiles due into tsv today at all and suggested i contact the seller to check if he really did put them on (suggesting he may have not sent them even though i had the flight number and con number) I rang the seller who was rather unhappy as it cost $100 to send them. After a little while of searching they discovered they left Melbourne, however, nobody seemed to know where they were, they got off a flight and not back on the connecting. Still more searching and after about half an hour they said they tracked them down as they missed a flight due to the army booking out a whole plane??!? They then arrived 5 hours later and i had to go pick them up at 10.30 at night. It wasn't until I told them the "package" was worth $4000 and i would be extremely irrate if they didn't find them that they stepped up the pace to track them down. I think the result is each individual working there reflects the service you get, 90% of the time I have no problems and all are great but this one guy just didn't seem to care about a box of snakes, mind you all the $20 cats arrived safely and on time?!

Last edited:
Are there any alternatives too AAE? Any other company at all that will freight reptiles?

Last edited:
OMG i shouldnt have read this thread before getting my first frieghted snake OMG OMG OMG wheres the service ppl???

especially hearing tans story scares me cos i have to go pick him up from the same terminal.... poor womas..... better not be poor darwin as well!!!!

why doesnt someone start an alternative to aae? someone that actually has experience with reptiles..... would be a huge financial layout but we can only hope :rolleyes:

Like i said, all other times i had no probs and the service was excellent, just this one bloke, who probably is of the mentality of those that think why the hell would anyone want snakes, but hey, there is one in every crowd, or business.....

i tried to freight a snake to gold coast, was also told no, and then when they freighted it to brisbane, they lost it, endeudp finding it in melbourne, so it got there 5hrs later then it should have.

also had some other issues where once they refused to freight to mildura, so thanks to some awesome people they looked after the lizards until i could arrange them to be brang up in a car. then a month later they tell me its fne and freight snakes here? what the?

I have only had to use AAE twice now and have had no probs with collecting my precious reptiles on time... It's a shame no-one here has a private plane they can use to deliver our animals to us, anyone own a helicopter?:lol:

I fear that one day they may stop freighting reptile all together :( I work in transport and their is a lot of changes going on internally in AAE. I never freight herps anyways but if it goes everything will be more $$$$

Just wondering with all of the reptiles that go missing in transit do any of you take out the extra insurance to cover what your sending to there exact value. I know from a very bad experience with a snake being crushed in transport if you dont insure for what its worth to you, you loose out big time.

cheers pete/chris

Are there any alternatives too AAE? Any other company at all that will freight reptiles?

Try Barnett's. They ship door to door. They are not air freight but they take much better care of live animals than AAE and in most cases just as quick.

Try Barnett's. They ship door to door. They are not air freight but they take much better care of live animals than AAE and in most cases just as quick.

Thanks Greebo! il give em go...:lol:

Thanks for that too Greebo....I've only ever ahd one case where i never had a problem with AAE, all the other times i got the run around. My King Skink sat behind the counter with my name as clear as day on it- in full view of myself, with this clown telling me "no it hasn't left Cairns yet". I said well it's coming from Brisbane and what's that box behind you with my name on it. Another lot of animals i ahd were left out in the sun and the box was red hot when i got it. Luckily my Ridgey loves the heat otherwise it's would've ended in tears.

Simone.

ive only used AAE once to freight a snake and it went smoothly, just as well for my first time..lol

I picked up some geckos from Grafton yesterday arvo.
They were supposed to be on the 8:20pm flight but instead came on the 3:20pm flight so I came home to a message on the answering machine saying: we have your lizards at our depot and we close soon -so I had to race to Grafton (80km) to get them.

But at least I got them!:D And they do fly to Grafton and they guy there said they will continue to accept reptiles.

there are no reptile flights in or out of newcastle anymore as the carrier that was flying them no longer do it and they are hoping quantas will wake up to themselfs and accept reptiles again

well this is what i was told about two weeks b4 they stoped sending to newcastle

Not all plane cargo holds are pressurised to take live aniamals so carriers can only send on flights with pressurised holds.With snakes getting more common it amazes me that people scource animals from so far afield. When you add in the cost of permits, freight and hassle its makes for a expensive animal. If the local animal is twice the price it still end up the cheapest imo.

Not all plane cargo holds are pressurised to take live aniamals so carriers can only send on flights with pressurised holds.With snakes getting more common it amazes me that people scource animals from so far afield. When you add in the cost of permits, freight and hassle its makes for a expensive animal. If the local animal is twice the price it still end up the cheapest imo.

I have to get things freighted - I live in the middle of the bush
not to many breeders around
I have to drive an hour and a half just to buy food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back