Another Expert keep Killed by pets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Reaction score
Snake expert killed by pet cobra

spotted this on MSN, shame some one with good intentions for the species was taken from the industry but going from the video clip i think it shows a level of complacency with his animals that ultimately would have been the leading cause to his accident.

Sad that someone has died but when you think that because your giving them water and food they won't harm you,..well there it is right there. Cobra 1 Human 0

thats no gd, you cant predict snakes don't matter if you give them food and water that don't mean nothing, i give my bhp food water clean her out and so on and she bit me i know she may not be a cobra but still the same thing

Its sad but the annoying thing about situations like that is that it turns so many people off snakes in general. They are misunderstood, even he misunderstood them in the end. Even animals that have been domesticated for centuries like dogs and cats can on occasion turn on thier owners. You can't get complacent with animals like that. It sounds like his work would have been very beneficial to the species and for public education. It's a shame.

Hi All,

Luke Yeomans, was no mug snake keeper.....I suggest that people should wait for all the facts before making comments about first off how he handled his charges and secondly about how snakes behave.

I doubt there would more dozen or so people on here that have worked with a 10 ft+ elapid....the handling of which more than slightly different to handling other snakes.

Scott

Luke Yeoman is a respected keeper by the whole international herpetological community and has made contributions to the survival of a species you arm chair experts have no understanding of. There is a small risk of being bitten no matter what when your around 14ft elapids everyday,
show some respect to a man who is being mourned by all the worlds leading herpetologists,hes barely been dead a day and the people who knew him and where close to him dont need that sort of disrespect being thrown around.
This is the first death in licenced dangerous wildlife keeping in the uk EVER.

Last edited:
totally agree with eipper and $NaKe PiMp.. show some respect please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back