Another incubator thread!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffa

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been doing a bit of reasearch on incubators (bought ones) and would love some feedback on popular brands. I have heard the exo terra ones are unpredictable and they can fluctuate a few degrees either way. Have they improved?
I am planning breeding GTP's and would rather pay for a peace of mind product than a possible "did I make the incubator properly"? scenario. I have searched through some of the threads and alot of these were feedbacks from a few years ago. First time possibly breeding these guys and just want to get organised early.

Thanks guys and sorry for the repeat topic

Cheers

Jeff

Make one yourself fun to make and just works as good :)

Caleb.

I know mate, but this is the first season breeding these guys. happy to fork out the cash to make sure.

Maybe in a couple of seasons DIY,s will be the go.

I asked the question about home made vs bought and all the experianced breeders said home built incubators hold constant temprature better. It's up to you, I hope someone with experiance in bought brands can help.

cheers guys. At the end of the day if the experienced breeders keep recommending and swaying me to use home made than thats what I will do. Just need to get over the peace of mind and not stress when I have eggs cooking and I love sleep (do not want to lose any). Gtps afterall

Hi guys,
I have been doing a bit of reasearch on incubators (bought ones) and would love some feedback on popular brands. I have heard the exo terra ones are unpredictable and they can fluctuate a few degrees either way. Have they improved?
I am planning breeding GTP's and would rather pay for a peace of mind product than a possible "did I make the incubator properly"? scenario. I have searched through some of the threads and alot of these were feedbacks from a few years ago. First time possibly breeding these guys and just want to get organised early.

Thanks guys and sorry for the repeat topic

Cheers

Jeff

I used one last season and I had to have the incubator on 33degs for the container to be 30degs, it was a safe lil portable incubator that I needed for the move to sydney the eggs hatched on the last day of getting to sydney but the incubator died when the car hit 48 degs the container was 46degs poor lil things...not happy but now I know what it can with stand and what it cant. I would advise against traveling long didtance though as all my baby's came out with problems. if you have an exspensive clutch why not buy the very best you can afford you will make it back from 1 hatchy alone.

I used one last season and I had to have the incubator on 33degs for the container to be 30degs, it was a safe lil portable incubator that I needed for the move to sydney the eggs hatched on the last day of getting to sydney but the incubator died when the car hit 48 degs the container was 46degs poor lil things...not happy but now I know what it can with stand and what it cant. I would advise against traveling long didtance though as all my baby's came out with problems. if you have an exspensive clutch why not buy the very best you can afford you will make it back from 1 hatchy alone.

Happy too but what is that?

I am happy to buy the best I can afford.

Do not want one that will crap itself.
Sorry about the miscommunication.

IMO 99% of the incubator is the thermostat and you wont do much better than a Habistat Dimmer or a Pulse approx $130.00........My friend uses a Grumbach $4000.00 +/- dollars argueably the Rolls Royce of incubators but l fail to see the benefit of it over a well set-up fridge/freezer with a Habistat or Microclimate in it...just saying. solar 17

IMO 99% of the incubator is the thermostat and you wont do much better than a Habistat Dimmer or a Pulse approx $130.00........My friend uses a Grumbach $4000.00 +/- dollars argueably the Rolls Royce of incubators but l fail to see the benefit of it over a well set-up fridge/freezer with a Habistat or Microclimate in it...just saying. solar 17

Thanks Baden, cheers for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back