Another newb question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Deville

Reaction score
Another newb question, how long does it take for a jungle to deficate? my female ate last week and her enclosure is still clean, is that normal she is 9 months old and about 600mm.

Cheers Mo

Depends on the individual, and I'd imagine that high temps would speed up digestion. Snakes need a higher temperature of 18 degrees to successfully digest without problems.

It varies depending on the temps in the enclosure, sometimes the snake will hold onto it if it is coming up to a shed. some of my snakes only poo every couple of weeks. If your worried gently squeeze the snakes body toward the tail just up from the cloaca for any hard lumps. It shouldn't fell hard.

If you want to encourage it to poo give it a nice warm bath (it may get messy trust me lol) or take it out on the grass to slither around (just watch it closely and keep a look out for birds)

Cheers guys, yeah i alway watch out for birds and they all wait for my snake to be left unattended, sorry birdies not gonna happen!!! lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back