Another Noob

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arete

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm new to the world of owning reptiles, however not so new to the world of herpetology.

I'm currently a PhD student in the herpetology lab at the South Ausralian Museum, working on speciation in Gehyra geckoes. I've done a bit of field herping through work:

3047399308_a86c10d49d.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

However recently took the plunge into "parenthood" with the purchase of a 3 month old SA type woma python. He's currenly acting like fangs on a spring, I guess at that size in the wild acting like an elapid keeps you alive. At least there's no problems feeding!

I look forward to asing dumb questions about keeping reptiles and hopefully being able to talk a bit about reptile genetics and research with you all.

Welcome Arete!
Hope your enjoy the experience, and nice pics by the way :)

Hi Arete,

I may embarrass myself here but I haven't seen your face at the SAHG, do you go along and am I just blind? Welcome to the world of planned parenthood, I've just become dad to a new woma and he is the coolest, most laidback snake I've ever seen. I have a darwin that has been renamed 'Captain Bitey' but suspect it may be a woman which explains why she wants to attack me every time I see her. Similar to the ex :)

Regards

Hi Arete,

I may embarrass myself here but I haven't seen your face at the SAHG, do you go along and am I just blind?

Nope not blind, I haven't been along. Didn't know it existed :oops:.

I'm moslty a genetics geek. Mark Hutch at the museum is one of my supervisors and mentors in learning the ways of actual animals rather than tissues in a tube.

Fed the little woma last night. The adult mouse that the breeder (Bradley Oliver) suggested looked too big for him, but the way he wolfed it down I doubt I'd even had to have thawed it out!

Yeah we frequent another forum.

Here's some pics.I've offered it food a few times since the 2nd of April but no interest. I'm told a winter slow down is common but in a hatchling? hmm.

3481640736_948a5bdd1d_b.jpg

3480827259_6523956943_b.jpg

Welcome TO APS , why dont you come to the next SAHG meeting, 9th May 7:30pm in the royal society rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back