Another one at home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tropicbreeze

Reaction score
Disturbed this little fella early this morning. He must have just turned in for the day after a night's hunting but picked the wrong spot. Under some empty bags in my shed that needed to be moved. Took him out for these shots and then put him back in the shed. Only about 40 cms long, looks to be a darker form of Ollie to what I usually get around here. Or is that just 'youth'?

I wish I got water pythons in my shed. Very pretty, probably a recent hatchling.

Very nice find there mate, that's a good looking snake

Thanks for all the comments. I don't often get it right, but definitely got it wrong this time. Never let it enter my mind that there'd be Water Pythons on my place this time of year. It's as dry as ..... All the build up storms have been missing me. My swamp is still a dust bowl and my creek is no better. Never thought any of these would still be hanging around. Thanks for setting it straight. The evening after I'd disturbed it I found it wandering around again.

Saw another wanderer as well. Quite a long Night Tiger

I would be so excited if i found stuff like this in my backyard. :) cheers for sharing

Waters have bright yellow (Qld) or orange (NT) bellies, Olives cream / white, Waters are also highly iridescent and Olives drab brown... thanks for posting, love and keep both of those species.

Thanks for the comments. I think it's a matter of moving into their backyard rather than waiting for them to move into your own backyard.

And thanks JasonL for describing the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back