another scorpion question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brimkett

Not so new Member
Reaction score
how can one tell when scorps are ready to breed? do they have a season or do they just breed whenever? :?

Depends on the species your talking about here. There isn't really a season for breeding, they are opportunistic mater's (take what they can get when they get the chance).

yes, there is a breeding season, they will mate through spring and summer with the females normally giving birth the following summer or autumn.

once it starts to heat up is when you introduce them

with rainforests can you keep them together all the time? I heard somewhere they are mor sociable than other breeds is this true? I put a male and female in the same tank today and they seemed to face off a few times i was pretty unsure so i removed the male again.

with rainforests can you keep them together all the time? I heard somewhere they are mor sociable than other breeds is this true? I put a male and female in the same tank today and they seemed to face off a few times i was pretty unsure so i removed the male again.

You can keep them together....but remember, cannibalism is part of the social scene in scorpion world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back