Another TV unit conversion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pythonmum she's wonderful and that viv is stunning
I must agree! She is the most good-natured and easy to care for snake, plus being a reliable breeder. She gets 2014 off, so has a nice new home to spend her bachelorette winter in. :)

I picked up a yearling darwin albino for my birthday 2 days ago :( butt nice conversion !!
I would post pics but I cant find the tab :( but nice albinos guys!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4

Pythonmum, you are a legend! I have this last week been turning over many ideas of changing from ceramic heat emitters to heat cords/heat mats and the way you have done your heat chord is absolutely brilliant IMHO!
I shall be stealing that idea pronto :D

hey i love this idea, would this be a great idea for a bhp size wise, hes over 1 metre id say, just thinking of doing the same thing

The heated tile is ideal for a BHP. They carry some huge ones at tile shops. A number of Aspidites keepers use heated tiles, often with a heat mat between two tiles. I find the heated shelf for my Darwins much more energy efficient than the ceramic emitters I have used. You don't lose all of that heat through the top of the enclosure and the snake can choose between belly heat (on the shelf) or back heat (branch underneath). Even though my enclosures can get down to 15 degrees or less away from the heat source in winter, the snakes are healthy and happy because they can bask as needed to heat up.

When I bought the large tile, they had a demonstration of under tile heating at Amber. The temperature felt just right for a snake to me. Do any tilers out there know if they have this system available in smaller patches like the little demo in the shop? It would be interesting to see if it is more cost effective than cord or heat mat, but those are both pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back