Ant invasion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockeh

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Got up this morning to start another beautiful day.... i walk out the back to change the food and water in my cricket colony and what do i find... the ants have moved in and cleaned up 10mths worth of work in one night

NOT happy you can take all of the precautions in the world but if they want in they will get in....

Great excuse to get a Thorny Devil to clean up the ants :)

simon they are are or should i say were in a fully lined shed that has been converted into an extra room ... you try living in melbourne when it starts to rain... ants come from everywhere and if they want in they get in... but hey thankyou for your constructive critisism it was greatly appreciated...

On the other hand thanks nicole you have a good point :) just have to talk the other half into it...lol..

i have never had luck with crickets for that reson

Had a prob with little black ants getting onto an outside table and into my woodies. Fixed it with a 5cm ring of Fluon around each table leg

can u actually get thorny devils? they're wicked :twisted:

Yes... Thorny Afreakanfish.. Dunno what you were thinking... :p

...and as far as I know they not an approved species in NSW Zo, but maybe they are an option for the experienced keeper in other states.. I agree, they are awesome looking little guys!

awww poo :(

even if ur ALLOWED theres then the problem of actually finding one in captivity i guess! thanx nicole :)

Does anyone know if you can get thorny devils in any state?What a cool looking animal they are 8)

I know one bloke who has one on a private licence up here, still healthy and everything has had it for ages...... I know 2 ppl whp have kept these for a while as well

my dad found one in the backyard once. it was very lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back